so done with gamestop.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
so, xbox #7 (#4 of my recently refurbished series, that i picked up in january) has finally bit the dust multiple times, ive overheated it and got days of game play afterward. but now it doesn't last more than a few minutes. so i call up gamestop, tell them i bought it from them but cant find the receipt. they say no problem as long as i havent opened up the console they can scan it and get it exchanged.

walk in with the console, the guy at the counter tells me i voided the warranty when i clipped the MICROSOFT OEM USB WIFI ADAPTER through their fucking bar code label. now you can still EASILY read the numbers/letters. but he still, holds his ground.

for what ive paid to gamestop over the years for these fucking things... and the fact that im still a loaded gun from not smoking i lost it. i threw the xbox at the wall behind the counter knocking a bunch of shit off the wall and busting it open. told him to enjoy and keep the POS and that i would be writing his manager, the store owner, and corporate about this incident. unbelievable.

today i bought a brand new 360 slim from fucking WALMART. with a warranty.

wow, lol
thats some extreme shit
you should give the e-cigs a try, good for the loaded-gun-ness

i have one, not really interested.

just alot easier to quit cold turkey than to use a crutch.

I generally don't use gamestop. The only time I have used them recently was when we traded in most of our 360 games to purchase a ps3. Since then I haven't been back.

Thats awesome. Shitty situation, but I'd love to see the other customers/employees faces when all that went down.

Who fucking goes to gamestop?

thats the same thing i was thinking.

if you want to be sketchy with it. just buy one on craigslist for dirt. i bought my ps3 on there, new in box with 160gb for $200. back when they were $300 about 9 months ago. if it shits the bed, walk into best buy, buy a new one, swap out the consolse and return the old one. say you bought it for someone and they already have one. get your money back.

not working with newer consoles
the serial numbers are on the product and the box, or scanned directly through the box if i recall correctly.

and its fraud and theft among other things.
freedom > a couple hundred bucks
just sayin

thats the same thing i was thinking.

if you want to be sketchy with it. just buy one on craigslist for dirt. i bought my ps3 on there, new in box with 160gb for $200. back when they were $300 about 9 months ago. if it shits the bed, walk into best buy, buy a new one, swap out the consolse and return the old one. say you bought it for someone and they already have one. get your money back.

the serial numbers are on the product and the box, or scanned directly through the box if i recall correctly.

just sayin

thats what i used to do with busted PS2s.

they are scanned through the box.

I never have problems with gamestop... I'm guessing that it's mainly because I don't buy any actual gaming systems there.

I never have problems with gamestop... I'm guessing that it's mainly because I don't buy any actual gaming systems there.

meeh i think its like any major retail outlet; in general cs sucks, but you have certain stores where the whole store are filled with assholes.

i just have a problem with them overcharging on everything, so i just never buy anything from there =). amazon has some rad deals especially since they aquicred toysr'us.

just sayin

I hope the store security vid gets posted on youtube :)

i'm not saying i would do it, im' just saying it's an option. and the fact that i didn't know they are scanned through the box shows it's obvious i have never done it. i've seen it done with cameras and older playstations though.

I've had two. One of those was a first gen bought off a friend. It bit the bullet right before the new one was released so I bought it instead of the fix. I forsee long life out of the new one.

i know someone who used to exchange radios at walmart using the old radio in a new box method
then they changed the policy to where the box has to be opened and inspected by someone in the auto section

Back