So far so good

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OldEMaltLiQuoR

Just ran the CARFAX report (which i paid for) on a CX for sale arround the block from my house. Everything came up clean, which is good news. I don't know how reliable those reports are though. I got into an accident and didn't report it to insureance or DMV.

There's still a lot (about 4 or 5) dents on the car. There's one big noticeable one on the driver side door panel, and a few in the front/rear bumber. Nothing major though.
Haven't had a chance to drive it yet, but from the outside everything looks good.

If I can get this guy to agree to 2K, I'm buying this shit tomorrow. Things only got 75K mi. on it . But I guess that don't matter cuz, engines getting swaped out anyway.

I'm gonna swing by after work today and take some pictures. This way I can get all your opinions. What do I need to do to post pics?

I think I can use one of those dent puller gizmo's I've seen info-mercials for. I've heard they work on most dents. I think I read that on this board somewhere actually. I'll give those a shot before anything.

Listen to me. Talking like I alread bought the mofo.

Listen, I got the pics (took 'em @ nite actually). I wanna include them on this post but don't know how. Tried looking into the Gallery, but I don't see anywhere to post on there and I'm not even sure if I have the right permissions.

Under insert img., its looking for a URL. Lemee try this and see if it works?

I can't upload to a website so thats no good. Any one got any ideas?

:lmao:

Buy it. Small dents are easy! Just make sure all the gaps are nice around the car, like hood, door to fenders, door to 1/4 panel, etc. It can show sometimes if a car's been in a accident and been half assed back together before.

GOT IT!!!!!! :D

Here they are fuckers

This is the Dent in the driver side door panel.
gallery_34272_53_1091314495.jpg

This is the Front Right Wheel cover.
Scratches, and if you look @ where the bumber meets the light and the panel, it looks like its offset
gallery_34272_53_1091314615.jpg

The antena's cut off. But I think that should be a preety easy fix.
gallery_34272_53_1091315508.jpg

And here's a look @ the beautiful beast, sitting, waiting to be riden.
gallery_34272_53_1091315205.jpg

....those are the first pictures I ever posted on this site.....'twas a lot easier that i thought. :bash:

I haven't had a chance to look under the hood yet....but when I do what/where should I look for that would tell me if this car has been in a bad front-end accident?

Look at the bolts on the fenders to see if they have been removed or replaced. They should be the same color as the body. The car looks OK, but try to go lower on the price... maybe $1800? Oh also, when you look under the hood, try to see if there are any unusal welds, as if its not from the factory. Its gonna be hard to tell, but do your best. Good luck.

Just got back from the dealer....do you believe this guy has been giving me the run arround for the past 3weeks.

Anyway, I finally got a price from him. He's asking 1600. Is it just me or does that seem a lil low. The book value for the car ('95 CX HB 75Kmi) is arround 2500. I'm guessing this guy is no moron and knows this already. But why would he be selling it @ 1600?

I still haven't driven the fucker yet. But after speaking to him just now he says he can get dealer plates by tomorrow and I can look under the hood and take it out for a test run......once again, is there anything that I should look for when driving or looking under the hood?

1600 for a '95 CX HB is a sweet deal....but I can't help but feel that something is wrong the the car that he's not telling me. :unsure:

Once you dirve it if you like it BUY IT. Stop doubting it. If the motor is about to go, you said yourself who cars its getting swapped... same goes for the tranny... Thats about all that can go wrong... BUY IT, or I WILL.

if i knew where you lived

If that first pic is the worst dent, that's great, that one is easy. As long as the interior and paint is good, that's a great deal on a 95 CX. People are paying around 4500 for them in some places. Try finding one in SoCal for that price.

i got my 94 cx for 2400, about a year or so ago. it was in near perfect condition, jsut a small crack in the front bumper, certifit took care of that.

Back