1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SO F'ING MISERABLE!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by roadracer321, Jan 17, 2006.

1. roadracer321

roadracer321 Member

I have a OBD2b SiR-G motor, and I want to drop it into a 90 Integra. Which I am sure you all know is a OBD0. I bought the motor in hopes to drop it into a 99 Civic Coupe, but found out the car had a lien on it so I couldnt register it into my name. So now I want to buy another 2nd gen Teg and drop it in there. Is this really going to take a lot of changing around to do??? I want the OBD1 ECU so I can hook up a Hondata down the road when I learn more about it. I am clueless about this swap and I'm not finding anything about it either. I am reading about running VTec wires, changing fuel injectors, custom intake, cat and header dont line up. what about the throttle cable? does that need to be swapped out too? I have a hydro LSD tranny that I dont want to part with, and the Teg is cable. I havent seen a conversion for that, just a hydro to cable tranny. I hope someone knows something about all this or has done this...Cause I am really bummed out and dont want to sell this or spend another 4K just to drop this damn thing. HELP!!!!!

2. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

convert some things on the motor to obd1, like injectors, distributor (not entirely necessary) alt maybe. get yourself a conversion harness from obd0 to obd1. and boom your all set. and hasport makes a hydro tranny conversion but im not sure if they have it for your chassis, ive only seen it for a EF

3. formby

formby learning in progress

if you are not looking for 600+ hp...i would stick with obd0...and tune with turbo edit..just reuse the engine harness and use a pr3 ecu and wire in vtec.....also you stated hat the engine was obd2b thats even more of a head ache....

4. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

as far as i know no engine came with IAB's in obd0. id say if he wants to control them and be obd1 hes gonna need the p72

5. roadracer321

roadracer321 Member

What are the benefits about the PR3 over the P72 besides the 600HP? I keep hearing good things about the P72 and how it can be reprogramed. Not only that, it give the engine a lot more potential. I'm not afraid of wiring anything either. I also am not sure if it's definitely OBD2b, I am just assuming. The motor is a 97 JDM B18C, and I heard something about '96 and up went to OBD2b. Maybe I am getting confused with something else. I noticed the ECU isnt a JDM because the JDM ECU's are more square and the USDM are more rectangular, correct? I know I ordered the OBD2 though from HMotors. If the injectors, dizzy, alt, and harness is all I have to replace, then thats awesome! I am going to call Hasport and see if they have that conversion.

Whats the deal with the intake and exhaust lining up? Any info on that? I would assume it will need some modifications since it not the right motor for the car, but on the other hand, it is a b-series. Just trying to get the info now before I start buying stuff I dont need, or buying the wrong stuff.

Thanks to all who replied!

Ok, Hasport does have the conversion for my car for $325. Thats a plus! I didnt want to part with that tranny.

6. formby

formby learning in progress

its not the HP....its that its more simple just to go with obd0......since its a gsr i wouls just buy a skunk IM and throw out the gsr IM....then just chip the pr3 and tune on the dyno or on the street....just tune.....the pr3 map might run the engine a little lean....but i did use a stock pr3 on my lsv...i just added more fuel with the FPR....but that was just to drive to the track to tune

i dont think so
    [​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted