So...how do I go about solving this???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If you need tools, you either have to borrow, buy, rent, or steal them. Not much else you can do :shrug2: I think the 100 buck craftsman set is your best choice if you can scrape up the change. Rent other larger tools or buy a shitty one from harbor freight that will last you a week.

About your mom's boyfriend, nothing I can do but say I'm sorry. Fucked up living situations will eat at ya, but already know this. You've had one foot out the door for a while now.

if you have advance auto or autozone they will let you borrow them for free

Every machine shop I have encountered has been full of good people and they always did work on the side.

Best I can tell you is hit up a pawn shop. Pick out a craftsman socket set and a couple of extentions and 10/12mm wrenches. If you go craftsman they won't charge you an arm and a leg like snap-on stuff, same warranty (free no questions asked replacement). Hit up auto zone and get a "great neck" ratchet. (Cheap, but incredible ratchets for the price) Or, hit up sears and get a basic craftsman tool set, usually one on sale for $99 that has pretty well everything you need except for a torque wrench. Honda's don't require eleventy billion specialized tools to work on, very simple stuff.

Werd.

Werd.

And werd.

Make use of the Auto Zone loan a tool program. They dont charge one cent. No rental fee, nothin. Pawn shops, garage sales, and surplus sales are all great sources for good tools at low prices. Just keep an eye out for the name brand tools, no-name tools are always a waste of money.

At any machine shop, parts store, or dealership there is ALWAYS someone who will work on the side for a fraction of the price of their employer.

Stay away from Harbor Freight tools. You can get a ratchet from em for half the price of a name brand, but then youll spend twice as much replacing all the ones you break. And no matter how careful you are, you will break their tools

+++ usually the cost of AAA for a year (3 tows plus other stuff) costs the same as one cash tow bill. then you're never left hanging...
I have to look into that. I spend too much money on dumb shit.

As for the dude, set him up or just straight tell your mom. If he treats you and your possessions that way, I doubt he is being a knight in shining armor to your mom.

All you guys who keep telling her to rent tools keep saying free lol. It isn't 'free'... Well, in the end it is free but don't forget she has to pretty much pay what they are worth and then she will get her money back when she returns the borrowed tools.

You gotta know someone with at least a few tools... or at least a friend's dad who has tools...

or, you could just sleep with him. lol

christ. how do you keep finding yourself into these stupid situations?

I pray for everyone who responded to this thread.

I pray for you to get into car accidents.

Snoochie Boochies.

Poor Aleaf, tell your mom about him and what he did (if she doesnt already know).

I have a small craftsman ratchet set, with only 10 sockets (metric) and it fits everything on my teg. You can get some cheaper wrenches and a basic screwdriver set for very little. All im missing and the most expensive basic tool, a torque wrench which you cant really cheap on.

Lmao! Now I understand. I needed a lil memory refresher.

ok so newb rep'd b16racer because b16racer thinks that cel is trying to e-fuck aleaf??
so you guys think that because cel sticks up for aleaf hes trying to e-fuck her??
what you guys dont understand is that aleaf has a friendship with some of the members outside of the internet,she talks to cel frequently as friends
she talks with me as friends and i know she talks to other people from the site as friends.,i admit some of the stuff in here is fucked p to say/type and thats why hes sticking up for her

I understand all this. Did you not notice all the posts that were actually aimed at being helpful and trying to get her through a tough situation? Why do ppl who honestly want to help need to get into car accidents?

I understand all this. Did you not notice all the posts that were actually aimed at being helpful and trying to get her through a tough situation? Why do ppl who honestly want to help need to get into car accidents?
no all of them were not aimed at helping thats what i noticed atleast.go back and read some posts

You all KNOW who I meant. Obviously not people offering solid help.

Injen is right.

Back