So, how do you make your $$

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
I work at a junkyard.

I get to stare at this POS rolled-over Trailblazer day in and day out

WE NEVER SELL ANYTHING OFF IT

but, its a good gig other than that...

Picture046.jpg

i think this has been asked many times. but since im bored as work...

i work as a customer rep. for starbucks store. managers call in and grind my ass about missing stuff thye didnt get for the store.

Originally posted by swanny@Sep 23 2005, 11:10 AM
You guys have many hondas?
[post=559235]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, but I've sold most of the good stuff off them

send me a PM with what you're looking for

When not in college, I'm an assitant produce manager at my local Shaw's. Money is okay, but having seniority over 6 kids about my age is definately worth it.

I've been a payroll tech for a bit over 2 years. Overworked, highly stressed, with mediocre pay. At least the company pays for my benefits and I get weekends/holidays and vacation pay.

Bail Bondsman, Skip tracer/chaser, manager

Ok pay, no benefits whatsoever. I get to deal with stupid people day in and day out.. Weeeee.

i work in the maintenance dept. for a book warehouse. the job sucks ass. i fucking HATE it with a passion. ITT (the build electronic stuff for the gov't) is having a job fair tomorrow and im going to apply for it. i got like 5 years experience building/testing electronic stuff. i hope i get on over there....

i thought bonds people get to take whatever they people have if they skip or dont pay up? i means it worth shit if they aint got shit, but TLC makes that one bounty hunter job look like fun.....

anyway not to thread jack, how would one get into like computer engineering, system analysts, and what not. need a degree? out of curiousity

Experience is the best credential you can have to get into IT. A lot of low to mid level IT people get in without any degrees or certs at all based on experience alone.

you have to do something... walk around? "supervise"?

anyway, for the IT thing, experience as in getting some certifications working at like shops and stuff and just moving up from there?

oh yeah and Esol, selling rocks suck ass. Knew a couple that did it. Sure made hella money, but their life sucked. Usually sellers end up being users. Youre constantly being bombard with addicts wanting free samples, hook ups, or "suck your dick for a cheeseburg." many carry more than 1 gun and are paranoid as fuck. oh well.

well i do talk to people all day....but mostly surf the web....and that is getting old

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 23 2005, 11:33 AM
Experience is the best credential you can have to get into IT. A lot of low to mid level IT people get in without any degrees or certs at all based on experience alone.
[post=559268]Quoted post[/post]​

yup!

helps to have an MCSE, though ;)

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Sep 23 2005, 09:39 AM

anyway, for the IT thing, experience as in getting some certifications working at like shops and stuff and just moving up from there?
[post=559281]Quoted post[/post]​

The A+ cert MIGHT get your foot in the door someplace, but starting out it's all about getting in and staying as long as possible, repeat as necessary, till you find a place that hires you into the upper ranks.

A+ and/or MCSE might get your foot in the door, but don't count on ANY cert to actually land you a job.

yeah its def been asked but when better to answer then whan your doing nothing at work. im an ass. man. at a battery store and this is what i do all day

Back