So I am quitting smoking.....again.......for the last time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chestercheeto48

VIP
Hey everyone just wanted to let you all know that I am 27 hours into quitting smoking for the third time in 5 years. I really think that this will be the final time I kick that nasty habit. I really want to be smoke free by the time I get married in September. I figured that since the fiance is out of town for spring break I may as well give it a shot since if I am crabby at least I won't piss anyone off.

The plan:

cold turkey

When a craving hits I do 5 push ups no matter where I am.

drinking lots of water and cran juice.

went to the dentist for a cleaning

cleaned out and de-odorized my car

Keeping myself busy

No going to the bars for the first week.

So far so good. I have only really had one craving and other than that the hardest part was falling asleep last night but a couple of advil pm helped that go away.

Any one else on here tried quitting and was sucessful let me know how you did it and how long you have been smoke free.

Advil ?

Every 3 years I quit for like a month. I too need to stop smoking by the wedding - Her parents would FREAK if they found out.

OH, and don't clean the car yourself. PAy a high end car detailing place like $100 to clean it for you.

I haven't smoked in my CRX since.

the first waek is easy
the 2nd week isn't so bad
the 3rd week you become an anal non-smoker
the 4th week you reward yourself by having one.
the 5th week y'uore a smoker again.

that's my cycle :p

The advil pm actually put me out. I couldn't sleep because I used to have a smoke right before bed. I actually cleaned out the car this morning and it wasn't so bad. I don't know if I would pay for a detail as I don't see it being worth it for my honda. Maybe if I had a newer nicer car I would..

the first waek is easy
the 2nd week isn't so bad
the 3rd week you become an anal non-smoker
the 4th week you reward yourself by having one.
the 5th week y'uore a smoker again.

that's my cycle :p

Yeah that is what happend the other times to me too. The only difference this time is that I am the last one out of all of my friends to quit.

Fiance - 3 months
her best friend - 4 months
my two best friends 4 months and 2 months

So everyone I really hang out with has quit but me.

I actually cleaned out the car this morning and it wasn't so bad. I don't know if I would pay for a detail as I don't see it being worth it for my honda. Maybe if I had a newer nicer car I would..

That's the point. Find the most expensive place you can.

If you clean it out, you'll want a cigarette at some point. You pay $200 or more to get the smell out, You'll yell at people for smoking outside of your car.

i quit for a year, and decided i didn't really want to not smoke
so i started again
stay away from bars for a long long time
drinks and being around people who smoke will get you every time

wish that was the case for me.

the only friend i see on a semi regular basis who doesn't smoke is sisteve. everyone else i know smokes.

when i quit in college, i started smoking cigars and those Tijuana things.... and then i started inhaling those, lol, so i went back to cigarettes.

i feel ya on the wedding thing though.

toothpicks and straws help too.

Did anyone else get really thirsty when they quit? It seems that I can't put down my nalgene bottle of water. I usually drink a lot of water but I a seriously done drinking what I normally drink in a day. (6 20 oz bottles or so)

just the opposite for me.... smoking makes me thirsty.

i don't poop right for a couple weeks either. lol

smoking is a laxitive just like coffee.

like when you kinda have to poop, and then have a cigarette, its like oh damn! no time for a pass!!!!!!!!!!!!

i knew a guy who had a toothpick in his mouth every time i saw him for at least 20 years, and prob 10-20 before i knew him

i've heard of people going through bags of cough drops too
my grandfather used wintergreen lifesavers

i know a 3 pack a day guy who quit cold turkey with the laser thing

I heard about the laser thing. I guess if I relapse I will try that. My Fiance's parents offered to pay for it. partly because the both smoke and want to see if it worked. I guess I would be the lab rat they try it on.

I quit for a 6 years. I was pregnant, had my son, spent 24/7 with him then 3 yrs later got prego again. when Tsi was 2, I started up again... lol

I quit once in college for a year because my Gf at the time wanted me too. I started up again the day that she told me that she had been banging two other guys on the side for the past 3 months while she was on a intership in CO - we broke up. I guess I never really wanted to quit and I started again to prove that she didn't ever really have control over me. The look she gave me when I lit up was priceless.

i know a 3 pack a day guy who quit cold turkey with the laser thing

goldfinger2.jpg

go through day like you normally would
smoke like you normally would
keeping one cigarette for the end of the day
before bed
fill a glass with water
place cigarette into the glass of water
place glass on counter/table/night stand/etc
go to sleep
wake up in the morning
start your morning as you normally would
when you would normally have your first cigarette
remove the cigarette from the water
chug down the glass of water
(warning a lot of people puke at this point so you might want to be outside or near the toilet/sink/shower/etc)

now every time you taste or even smell a cigarette you will be reminded of the flavor of that water and probably start to feel like you are going to puke again

i know a few people who have quit this way

Back