So I am quitting smoking.....again.......for the last time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5-5:30 is way too early for someone that has to deal with 60 or so teenagers for 8 straight hours. I know I am making excuses but after school, grading papers and spending time with the fiance there just isn't much time left and sleep is way to valuable.

home gym FTW

you can lift while she cooks/prepares dinner :)

I knew you had a sense of humor. she does not cook - I am the one with the culinary skills. If it were up to her we would be living off of mac n cheese and frozen pizza. its not that she can't its that she doesn't want to or enjoy it.

i'm a firm believer in the guy should cook :)

EDIT: you can lift while she does the dishes, laundry, vacuums, dusts, feeds the cats, walks the dogs, showers, and poops

:)

Try to stay away from people, Because admit it or not, you are going to be a complete asshole for 3 days. Sleep as much as possible. And replace the smoking with something (if push-ups work for you, more power to ya) My replacement was apple jolly ranchers. I probably ate 15 pounds of those things in the process of quitting.

Another thing that helped me was to have cigarettes on hand. Its one thing to quit because you want to, its another thing to quit, and not have any on hand. That puts you into a semi-panic state. You are stronger than the cigarette. It does not control you. I held on to that pack for years.

*edit* Thread from the dead. I'll leave the info for the next run.

Congrats, though I'll never understand why some people have such a hard time with this. I smoked for 3 years, then quit cold turkey. Sure, I had cravings, but never did I "need" a smoke. I still have one on occasion, less than once per month. Never feels like I'm addicted as it's something I have complete control over.
For those of you who have difficulties, here's the kicker. Stop buying them! The point of strength which is most imperative is the moment at the gas station when you are deciding whether to buy another pack. If you have them, you're just going to smoke them. It sounds dumb, but you can't smoke em if you dont got em. Even if you bum a smoke once in a while, if you have the strength to avoid buying your own pack, you've made a huge leap towards a healthier lifestyle.
I would also suggest some sort of cardivascular exercise to help your lungs regenerate. Keep up the good work bro :thumbsup:

Day one for me starts when I get up in the morning. I think most of it will be the physical addiction. I drive all day for work and get bored si that will be very tough.

It will happen - For me it was when all my friends quit and I decided that at some point before the wedding that I wanted to be done. I actually chose the time that I did because my Fiance was out of town and I had a solid week off of school and away from bad influences. I knew that if I was crabby/an ass that only the cat would know about it. Other than that it really was no big deal. I used a Sobe NO FEAR as my kick start the first couple of days and took Advil PM the first couple of nights to help me get to sleep. The only tough thing was the alcohol in terms of it really made me want a smoke.

when i move into my house *hint*, i'm not going to smoke inside like i do in my condo, so that's going to be a big help too.

yeah, i really only smoke in my office and my living room sometimes at night. but during the day, i'm always tied up with something work-related or a phone call, so its just easier in the place. i still haven't decided if i'm going to sell the condo or rent it either... but either way, i'll have a month to air it out.

i quit smoking six months ago.i feel a lot better now. I got more energy. The smell makes me sick now and the taste i just wanna puke when im around one

ive tried to quit 5 times in the past 2 years, longest stretch was 3 months, then my gf (now wife) came to me and told me she was pregnant. i used it as an excuse (not to mention i almost swallowed my tongue) and lit up. im going to quit soon cause i dont want my son to think its ok.

ive tried to quit 5 times in the past 2 years, longest stretch was 3 months, then my gf (now wife) came to me and told me she was pregnant. i used it as an excuse (not to mention i almost swallowed my tongue) and lit up. im going to quit soon cause i dont want my son to think its ok.
good for you i think that thats awesome...most kids think that whatever their parents do then its okay for them to do

I slipped once today and had one but I am still trying. Its tough getting over the mental addiction part. I keep wanting one just for something to do or just because I usually have one when I get in the work van or after I eat, etc.

I slipped once today and had one but I am still trying. Its tough getting over the mental addiction part. I keep wanting one just for something to do or just because I usually have one when I get in the work van or after I eat, etc.

Put a period after you slipped once today.

That was the past. You can't think about that, you can only think about pushing forward and what you can do now. Don't worry what you did do, just keep trying and pushing and you'll end up there before you realize it.

I know, its tough but hopefully it will get better soon. I have had trouble concentrating all day long because of this.

Back