So I bought an '09 TSX and unbought it in one weekend

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

volvo S60 R

45547964.DSCF0004.jpg

Next up the list, assuming I can find them;
'07 328i 6speed (don't know what options I would want/need)
'06+ G35 6speed
'04+ TL 6speed
'05.5+ 2.0T A4 (this just piqued my interest, as I read the APR chip will give 250hp/290tq for $600)

I looked at a Pontiac G8 and G8 GT. I think they're beautiful. Their interior is not as nice as the TSX (I have yet to find a car with a nicer interior) but acceptable. What was unacceptable was the slushbox auto transmission and the gas mileage.

I need to find the silver bullet thats going to fulfill my speed, comfort, reliability, and gas/insurance cost needs.

Just before i bought my 2003 A6 2.7 Twin Turbo I drove the following

330 Xi
IS 250 AWD
G35x
Acura TL
X5
and Mercedes ML500

The A6 happened to be the last car i drove and I found was a much better car then the above, I did have it GIAC tuned so it was around 315hp and 355tq.

Of course i have the 2006 Jetta GLI now which is a really nice car loaded wtih leather, heated seats ect...The gas mileage on the A6 was 18mpg and since i have learned to drive better I get no less then 32MPG Highway with the GLI which is a 2.0T like the A4 is and around 26-28 city driving.

In short, big fan of the Audi but i would drive abunch of cars you like first to decide

i still say the MS3. turbo, plenty parts available, great looks, great interior (well im guessing its sorta the same as my Mazda3 S sedan) and they are reliable cars too. check out mazdas247.com and do some reading up on them.

at some point, you're going to have to compromise either on price, mileage, look/body design, or reliability/etc

What you want, doesn't exist.

IMO, if you're going to be driving into jersey city everyday, get something cheap. it will simply get ruined.

i'd suggest a mid 90s 3-series for ~10k

Gas mileage is awful from what I saw quoted. ...i looked.

Repairs would be insane as well.

Ahh didn't know gas mileage was a concern, in that case, I would go with a 2004 Audi A4 1.8T, GIAC Tune, Plently of power, Really good gas mileagle for AWD car, my EX fiance has one she averages 26mpg. She picked hers up for 18,5000 with 36k on it

I don't know if that will satisfy my want for power. I was thinking of the 05.5 (b7) w/ 2.0T and an APR chip.

That or the TL seem to be the front runner right now. I like the TL's interior and stock power better. The A4 has the AWD.

yeah, that's a great option too... other than perhaps the fuel mileage.

subys are hungry :(

fuck the mileage...if your using it for work, get a gas card (easier to keep track of the paperwork)
and write it off

I thought the legacy looked good in past years, but now I just don't seem to think they took the car in the right direction.

fuck the mileage...if your using it for work, get a gas card (easier to keep track of the paperwork)
and write it off

I get expensed at 58.5cents/mile while driving to and from clients. I don't think I can expense the 88mile round trip commute to work, since I'm already taking the expense money for mileage.

I don't know if that will satisfy my want for power. I was thinking of the 05.5 (b7) w/ 2.0T and an APR chip.

That or the TL seem to be the front runner right now. I like the TL's interior and stock power better. The A4 has the AWD.

if your gonna go Audi, use the GIAC tune. the 1.8t will get you to 220hp and 252lbs tq with the 1.8T....not sure how much your looking for as far as power, but the fuel economey will be better obviously with the 1.8T

I have the 2.0T in my 06 GLI...stock 200hp and 207tq is nice, havent done the GIAC tune yet but would be same numbers as the 05.5 audi. I am avrging 32mpg high way and about 26 city

if your gonna go Audi, use the GIAC tune. the 1.8t will get you to 220hp and 252lbs tq with the 1.8T....not sure how much your looking for as far as power, but the fuel economey will be better obviously with the 1.8T

I have the 2.0T in my 06 GLI...stock 200hp and 207tq is nice, havent done the GIAC tune yet but would be same numbers as the 05.5 audi. I am avrging 32mpg high way and about 26 city

I hear that the engines in the Audi are tuned a bit more aggressively with cams or something of that nature, so supposedly they would net more. I'm not sure if thats true.

I would definitely get the 2.0T engine, there's no sense not to at this point if I'm going to spend $25k. I also hear that 2.0T is actually more efficient than the 1.8t and gets better mileage.

Why GIAC tune over APR?

APR supposedly gives 250hp/292tq for the 2.0t engine at the flywheel.

so the Z's didn't all sell?!?!?

nope...just one Z is leaving right now ...the yellow one. But I have a guy that sounds like he runs a restoration shop coming to look at parts, and I might be able to snag something from him for the other two.... lets just say...what I get will toss everyone here and on the other forums for a spin...Something soo unlike me...:ph34r:

/thread jack.

I still say Outback:D

Back