so i dont post or browse much on hondaswap anymore

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
its just too slow. even with my 2 T1s at the office i click and wait wait wait. when i get home its even worse.

its actually slower than myspace most of the time. anyone else with this issue?

here and there it gets slow on me but for the most part is ok, but when it does get slow its real slow and stays that way for about a day

it just done it again with me kicked me all the way off this time and i had to log back in.

a lot better today than it usually is. dunno why youd have to ever restart mysql unless you made a change to my.cnf...but thats a discussion for a different time and place

vbulletin has issues with large threads.

it ends up doing a select where postid IN ( all, post, id, of, the, entire, thread, here)

add 1000 post id's to that query and you can imagine what happens.

then, factor that it was the most popular thread at one point...

it's tough to decipher.

loads are low (.4)
mem usage is good (30%)

throwing more hardware at it won't fix the issue.

yeah, because i re-started stuff this morning, which killed any random or rouge connections to that thread.

I've never had a problem with HS.. except when I accidently double click the search button and it makes me wait five seconds before letting me continue. Overall I'm happy with the site, great job guys =)

no, its not even that.

here's what's happens...

someone views the gf thread.... mysql does its thing, locking tables.
basically, the delay is you waiting for that huge query which locked the post table to finish and then it's your turn to get the resources to run the query.

The rest of the page loads super fast. it's just that waiting period for mysql to be able to 'release' the lock on the post table.

There's no good way to fix it. I'm hoping in a few days when it drops back to page 2, we will have less issues.

we have that same problem with our app at work. I do the above to the query locking all the tables, then voila.

Another way to fix it would be to run InnoDB tables instead of MyISAM, but even then you might have the same problem and an overall slower responding site. I got what you mean. Maybe make a separate section with a different DB connect to take GF Pic thread out of searches or thread loads.

easier said than done.

if anything, i'll move the thread into a private forum so no one can look at it :)

Back