So I eBay one of the CRX's....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
and this guy from outside Pittsburg wins the car.

Gives me the deposit right away...cool

Email me and asks when I want it out of there by...I tell him I'd like it gone within 2 weeks

He says no problem, I'll be there Wednesday (yesterday) after 5.

I go to my mom's (aka: storage) and get the car ready...run it for a bit, top off the coolant. ect, ect.

7pm a cab pulls into my driveway...ok, a little weird

I go outside a this guy gets out and asks "Are you Eric?"

I say "yeah" and he tells me hes the winner of the CRX

so I ask him, "you took a CAB all the way from PA?"

He says "No, I took a plane from Pittsburg to Boston, a bus from Boston to Norton (Mass), and a cab from Norton to here..."

he did all this for a $1200 91 DX (granted its black) with 266+k miles on it....and drove it back to PA last night

I guess I can't say much, he did pay me cash on the balance of the car, was completely polite, and did everything he was supposed to in regards to the auction....

and this guy from outside Pittsburg wins the car.

Gives me the deposit right away...cool

Email me and asks when I want it out of there by...I tell him I'd like it gone within 2 weeks

He says no problem, I'll be there Wednesday (yesterday) after 5.

I go to my mom's (aka: storage) and get the car ready...run it for a bit, top off the coolant. ect, ect.

7pm a cab pulls into my driveway...ok, a little weird

I go outside a this guy gets out and asks "Are you Eric?"

I say "yeah" and he tells me hes the winner of the CRX

so I ask him, "you took a CAB all the way from PA?"

He says "No, I took a plane from Pittsburg to Boston, a bus from Boston to Norton (Mass), and a cab from Norton to here..."

he did all this for a $1200 91 DX (granted its black) with 266+k miles on it....and drove it back to PA last night

I guess I can't say much, he did pay me cash on the balance of the car, was completely polite, and did everything he was supposed to in regards to the auction....

both he and you should win ebayer or the year awards
i would never trust someone off ebay to drive a car home from that far away

did he have all the plates insurance etc?

this story just made my day...

Beats the other guy I got who bought my Tracker..

He was coming from Georgia.. and didn't "know how far away CT was". he bagged ass and then gave me a negative rating because I kept his $500 deposit. I sent it back to him and he gave me "neutral". He wasn't mean about it, just criminally stupid.

Someone is going to buy this Z in the same way, I can feel it.

pittsburgh is a long ass drive too. damn. if he left your palce at 7, he didn't get home until 5am, at LEAST. and that's hauling ass.

I'm sure you didn't give him your plates... so did he bring his own and drive it all the way home? Thats quite risky, slapping on the wrong plates and driving for hours on end at the wee hours in the morning.

Guy probably wasn't licensed or insured.

most states have a 48 hour temp plate you can get from you DMV. all you need is the vin and proof of insurance. he could have called up ahead of time and got the vin from hosmer, and done the paper work in pa.

Quoted post[/post]]
most states have a 48 hour temp plate you can get from you DMV. all you need is the vin and proof of insurance. he could have called up ahead of time and got the vin from hosmer, and done the paper work in pa.

This is true...

...I'll just wait on Hosmer's post about what he did to plate the thing.

VIN is mandatory in ebay auctions now isn't it?

and sounds to me like he wasn't in it for the temp plates, he prob came up with regular plates, a drivers lic, ins card, and 1200 cash
lol

I gave him some RI temp plates from work (legit) and he had it insured through Progressive (legit...I had to make copy of the insurance card for the plate)

I think he was planning on stopping somewhere to sleep...

Quoted post[/post]]
pittsburgh is a long ass drive too. damn. if he left your palce at 7, he didn't get home until 5am, at LEAST. and that's hauling ass.
yea, pa turnpike is the worst. most boring road ever. ive taken it from one end to the other 4 times and never want to do it again. however you can speed like a mother fucker because i have never seen a cop on it.

:werd: every time ive been through PA the trucks are all doing 90

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm sure you didn't give him your plates... so did he bring his own and drive it all the way home? Thats quite risky, slapping on the wrong plates and driving for hours on end at the wee hours in the morning.

Guy probably wasn't licensed or insured.

Thats what I did when I bought Ians CRX a few years ago. Only thing I could do is put insurance on it. In NY you cant do shit without the title.

I even put insurance on the sol when I towed it from CT just incase it fell off the dolly or somthing dumb.

Well, in January, my roomate bought a 1998 Subura 2.5RS off of Ebay for $3000. A week later he and I ride a Greyhound bus for 44hrs from Denver to Allentown PA, pick up the car, go to AAA, he calls his insurance in Denver, gets it insured, gets the plates and we were off. We also stopped to visit some of his family in Illinois. We left on a Sunday at 10am, and got home Thursday at 11am.

Fun trip!! :thumbsup:

he calls his insurance in Denver, gets it insured, gets the plates and we were off.

that takes some balls

NY dmv won't let you do JACK SHIT unless you have your insurance card and everything matches perfectly
vin #, date, even your middle fucking initial has to be perfect or they send you packing...

and insurance companies can be just as worthless...

my insurance company is usualy cool and lets me do everything by phone. The DMV on the other hand, those people there are just fucking robots, there is no negotiation or explaining, if you dont have your shit 100% filled out they send you back to the end of the 2 hour line .

Back