So I eBay one of the CRX's....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Some jamaican dudes from NY called me about my blazer... Saying they wanted to come pick it up this weekend... With a tow dolley... I was like uhhh... its RWD... You can't put it on a dolly...

"ya mon... we just gonna put it on backwards"

"No... You can't do that.. Its 4wd.. You'll ruin the drivetrain"..

"Oh.. I'll b callin ya back"

Some jamaican dudes from NY called me about my blazer... Saying they wanted to come pick it up this weekend... With a tow dolley... I was like uhhh... its RWD... You can't put it on a dolly...

LMAO
are you challenged?
you're SELLING it
let them worry about it

and i don't see any reason not to be able to dolly a RWD vehicle...

Quoted post[/post]]

LMAO
are you challenged?
you're SELLING it
let them worry about it

and i don't see any reason not to be able to dolly a RWD vehicle...

...because he said its also partime 4wd.

If he doesn't have an open differential to just let the tires spin, he's going to ruin the differentials by forcing the wheels to move physically, without having the drivetrain do the work and make the differentials spin.

If the car has an open differential then he's golden and they can throw it up on the dolly - and many car manufacturers cheap out and throw an open diff up front.

uh, if the guy BUYING(thus being the new owner) the car wants to throw it on a dolly then i would let him...

and i higly doubt one trip on a dolly, either front wheels or rear wheels on the pavement will harm the drivetrain to the extent of "destroying it"

Quoted post[/post]]
uh, if the guy BUYING(thus being the new owner) the car wants to throw it on a dolly then i would let him...

and i higly doubt one trip on a dolly, either front wheels or rear wheels on the pavement will harm the drivetrain to the extent of "destroying it"

The differentials aren't made to spin the drivetrain, the drivetrain is made to spin the differentials.

As we all know, from the idiots that abuse their cars and blow diffs, its not all that difficult to damage a differential if you abuse it.

Quoted post[/post]]
why are you fighting me on this?

if someone buys the car, and leaves with it, then its not your problem if they blow the diff or not...

I think his overall goal, and the reason that he keeps returning to these forums, is to be as obstinate as possible in as many threads as possible.

Quoted post[/post]]
why are you fighting me on this?

if someone buys the car, and leaves with it, then its not your problem if they blow the diff or not...

...because I'm not wrong? Also I'm not a dick and wouldn't let someone ruin a car that they just bought, even though it sounds really bad ass, acting like you don't care, on the internet!

When I bought my first CRX si from ebay, I had the wife drive me to abilene, TX. (1 hour) hopped on a greyhound and rode for god knows how many hours all the way to columbus Ohio. Packed a tool kit and extra clothes. Hopped a city bus to the dealership and bought my car, which was rusted way beyond what they had described, and completely lacked A/C. I didnt care, I loved it anyway. Bought it, drove it home. Half way home on one of the fuel stops, I went to start it back up and the dash lights came on, the starter went "click" and the whole car went dead as a doornail. After poking around for a bit I found that it was a crappy battery cable, Bought a $1.99 battery cable terminal from the gas station I was at, replaced it, and drove the rest of the way home.

$7,000 later I had a fast as hell, awesome handling CRX. Then I had two kids and had to sell it for something with a back seat.

Which is why I now have a Civic Hatch. was the closest thing to a CRX with a back seat.
only $5k into that so far, lol..

Which is why I now have a Civic Hatch. was the closest thing to a CRX with a back seat.
wooo hooo

i love my hatchie
you could have gotten the JDM rear seats for the tots... :)

Quoted post[/post]]
wooo hooo

i love my hatchie

:concur:

I've got a back seat in my rex now, it's been working out great for the little tike going to daycare in the morning

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
wooo hooo

i love my hatchie

:concur:

I've got a back seat in my rex now, it's been working out great for the little tike going to daycare in the morning

I certainly thought about that. I am 6'4" and have hell getting them in and out of the civic, I couldnt immagine doing that in the back of a crx. Its all good though, I love my civic to death, even though it still has the stock CX engine. :dry:

Thats nothing...to buy Will's Hatch, I had to spend 12k ON A 99 Oddessy, (think diamonds...that'll shut 'er up!)..

next I had to put a 5 speed transmission in my 85 hatch because the three working gears werent going to make it up through the mountains then down to New Mexico.

I dropped the hatch at the AZ border for my brother-in-law to use as a commuter..then I had to catch a ride to Lordsburg NM where I had a 'reserved' paid for greyhound ticket. - which means you get to hope theres a seat.

Waited 3 hours, caught the bus, rode across NM to El Paso.

Walked around unfamiliar el paso 4 blocks from juarez at night with a brand new laptop and $400 in two dollar bills in a backpack.

Found the Gardiner Hotel, took a room, checked on Will, he was 10 hours and a case of redbull away.

Next morning met Will in the parking lot, did business like a drug deal and drove it home, considerably faster than the outbound trip.

TOTALLY worth it!

Back