so.. i failed again...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i dont really have the money since i only get 750 a month for SSI/disability, and thats barely enough to pay rent.. but i have family members who have been helping me get by until i can start working again.. so the money isnt a problem, i'll just take it to a smog/repair shop and get it done right this time..

well.. i just got a call from the shop.. they say its the 02 sensor.. i had one replaced about 2 yrs ago and i'm assuming they put a cheap one, so they are replacing that and i should be good.. its a smog repair shop doing this so they can test it out afterwards

i have another appointment tomorrow.. i'll get an oil change before..

Quoted post[/post]]
i have another appointment tomorrow.. i'll get an oil change before..
Go to a Chevron, get a half tank of 90 or higher octane.
Add 2 tablespoons of acetone, let it run for an hour like blanco said, then go to the test.
We dropped from 18.1 to 12.5 and the limit was 16

Quoted post[/post]]
all i use is Chevron 91 octane..

what will the acetone do??
is it safe??
1000% safe, and that i am sure of, i've been running it since i came back last month.
It does something along the lines of raising the atomization flash point mumbo jumbo, and reduces emissions a shitload.
I bought a gallon for 9$ at autozone and i use 2 ounces per full tank, it helps clean the fuel system and burn more complete.
Better combustion= better gas mileage/power, i wanted to try it after what i read on www.smartgas.net and it does work quite well.
We have run a (94) prelude, and two b16 civics (95) on it so far and all of them showed better throttle response, and seem to run cleaner and smoother.
3/3 are doing better with the gas mileage as well.
I have witnesses to my exhaust burning so clean it's like a steam/vapor on my muffler.
Read up at smartgas.net for a bunch of info on saving gas.
My best gas mileage before acetone was 50.020mpg (all freeway-gas station to gas station) in my 95 coupe full of suitcases/speakers/etc+passenger@37.5psi in each tire (falkens on 15" rota slips) and stock b16 tranny/gearing .... i bet i could pull 55mpg now.

so how would i go about putting this in my gas tank?? how long before the test should i do this.. ??

i'm gonna be leaving in about 20 min to start my drive.. :) my appointment is in an hour and 10 min.. i was gonna stop by autozone and chevron since they are right next to eachother..

Quoted post[/post]]
so how would i go about putting this in my gas tank?? how long before the test should i do this.. ??

i'm gonna be leaving in about 20 min to start my drive.. :) my appointment is in an hour and 10 min.. i was gonna stop by autozone and chevron since they are right next to eachother..
Use a clean metal funnel or cut a pepsi can in half... or get some small metal measuring cups.
2ounces per 10 gallons of gas, so keep that ratio in mind. (being over by an ounce is ok too)
Make sure you get the 100% pure acetone, and don't pour it on your paint :p

I used toluene when I went for my smog check. Granted, I am running a chpped and tuned ecu, and am not worried about the Ref, as I built the engine that came with the car.

You're in Bakes, right? if you need some help wrenching on this thing to get it to pass while you are infirmed, let me know, I'm just out in San Luis, and can come out and help if you need some.

so, the o2 sensor did the trick, or did you try the acetone?

the O2 sensor did the trick.. and little things such as an oil change, tune up, new cat..

well...at least thats one good thing i can say about GA...no inspections!

Back