So I got a new toy...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackFrog

Neighborhood Lush
VIP
The dirveway is starting to get pretty filled up now. Tomorrow after work i got to pick up my new bike!

Its nothing special, 85 Honda Shadow 500cc. No frills, not a crotch rocket or nothin, but gotta start somewhere. I figure i'll keep it for a year or so and then get something nicer/newer. Cant wait to go get it and get on the road, its been so nice this week, great weather to be riding!

As for the cop.

So i got pulled over last night by a statey. And what for? No front plate and a modified exhaust system... Though somehow he missed my black taillights...? Friendly guy and all, didnt even go back to his car with my shit, let me go without writing anything down. But come on, gimme a break. Theres 8000 people in the city of danbury without licenses, or even a green card, and this guy is bustin my balls over having a pipe on my car? He fed me some shit about not having a front plate being a misdeamenor and all. I felt like asking him is he was planning on pulling over everyone in the city with an exhaust on their, that should keep him busy for a while.

I guess this shit is to be expected when you drive a lowered honda...

i got shit from a conn statie about my exhaust. it doesnt stick out past the bumper.

mass law states the outlet has to be behind the rear axle. fuck him, im legal. :D

i got pulled over last sunday on my way to autox 7:30 in the morning a cop has nothing better to do than pull me over for my muffler too. he just gave me a written warning for that and a warning for my cracked winshield.do you have to do anything with warnings?

Good choice on the bike, glad to see someone NOT going out and asking if a gsxr1000 is a good beginner bike. Just remember to keep your eyes on everything people come out from nowhere, and then expect you to move when you lay on the horn. Oh yeah, learn to use your horn. a lot.

glad to see someone NOT going out and asking if a gsxr1000 is a good beginner bike.

Yeah, no shit. I like the cruisers.

This thing is gonna be a great starter bike. should clean up pretty nice too (lots of chrome on it for a 85). I wish i was out riding now, but the batteries on the trickle charger and i gotta throw some plugs in it tomorrow at work. Lots of summer left though. :D

-Chris

I really liked my buddys 86 magna. I almost bought it instead of the cbr I have now, but I don't think I would have had as much fun as I have on the cbr. I am guessing your honda is similar to the magna, so I give you :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for good taste. If I get a cruiser, it's either gonna be a yamaha V-star (awesome bike) or an older harley fatboy. I am not much of a fan of most harleys and the excessive use of chrome, but I like the old panhead bikes with their wide, low stance. Have fun cruisin, and keep you eyes out for idiots, as the streets seem to come alive with them when you get on your bike.

That honda will last you a lifetime. That's what I'll be getting next. I have my eye set on a 1983, I think, 500 Shadow. It's a comfy bike, cheap, and common.

-> Steve

Also, the bike is kinda sporty, I Think.

yeah, its kinda sporty. has good power and is definitely comfy for long rides, except for when my right hand falls asleep ;) I love the thing. My buddy has an 80 VT honda, and another friend of mine had an 83 Yamaha something, still waitin to go ride with those guys. And these old bikes definitely will last forever, i already got a list of people that want to buy it when/if i get something newer....

-Chris

Back