So I got the Audi back...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Well I finally got it towed. It was actually relieving to just see a broken rear cv because of the crappy bushing I never replaced. It's what I expected but I never bothered looking at it.

My theory on what happened from my quick glance at it is that the bad bushing cause the wheel to camber too much, causing that brake to engage, slowing down that wheel while power was being transferred to the point the axle had to break.

Maybe I'm nuts....

And my numerous track runs. :mrgreen:

The rear CV shaft is a dealer only part, I found one on ebay and I found one on one of those auto sites but I have to make sure it's complete with shaft and both joints.. Not too bad, less than $150 for the axle and $19 for the bushing from the dealer.

So I ordered the rear CV shaft and a wheel bearing since it's comming apart anyway.

Total was 261.XX, then minus $65 after I return the old axle. Not bad I guess, first semi major repair since I bought the car 30+k miles ago.

It stopped raining and I started to tear into it.

Most of it's apart. There's a joint holding the upright in that doesn't want to budge. I'm probably going to need a joint puller. And I can't figure out how to take the ABS sensor out, I went into this blindly but read up a bit when I couldn't figure it out, it says there's a 5mm bolt, well it doesn't exist.

The old FUCKED up axle is out, I think when I thought I had reverse, it was actually just rolling, because the CV and shaft literally fell out as soon as I loosened the top part of the upright.

The bearing was also beyond fucked, it was angled down and fell apart when I pulled the hub off.

The rotor is a little fucked also. When I bring the assembly in to have the bearing pressed in, I'll have them resurface it or whatever it's called because I don't trust it.

I think I might max my CC out, cause I want a 19 mm rear sway bar. The one on there is tiny and probably one of the causes for some my undesired understeer.

To make matters worse, I broke the screen on my cell. It's a piece of shit Samsung N400 anyway, but it was doing it's job. It's still viewable and useable, but will piss me off.

you can replace it for under 50 bucks on ebay. unfortunately, im on my second because the charging circuit on my 1st one went out. other than that, ive got the data cable and datapilot so i can use the phone as a modem when wifi isnt available. its pretty quick compared to my older 3500 i used to use as a modem.

I only paid like 40 bucks for the phone. 8)

And this too is my second. I had the same problem as you. It was no longer chargable because the charging thing broke. I could have soldered it back on, but it wasn't worth it.

im in the process of converting the data port to charge the phone via usb :) like a blackberry. then i can make/buy/sell the cables on ebay since this is one of the best phones to unlock ever put out by samsung.

hows the charging circuit on yours? if its good, id like to buy your phone as parts :) spring?

it's fine.

I have to buy a new phone first, then it's all yours.

I sold my old one for $12.43 on ebay with the bad circuit.

Back