1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so i have a date friday night.....

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by pissedoffsol, Jun 1, 2007.

1. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

and i have no idea wtf to do.

it's going to be thunderstormy-ish out, so it ruins all chances of outdoor activities like minigolf, etc.

so....

dinner and.....................?

thoughts? :ph34r:

please, no "IDB" comments. this is a serious first date... not a feed 'er and bang 'er date :)

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

karting.. haha

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

thought about it... don't think its her style though. i'd have fun, and probably lap her, and spin her out or push her into a wall :D not good. lol

4. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

Personally I'm not about to go impress a girl, but I like to be "different".

In college its easy, its like dinner and dancing or somethign along the lines, but if I want to go all out. I'd hit up the downtown(seattle) and do something crazy.

Sporting events are hard to do, unless you know the girl before hand and can stand her for more than an hour.

Comedy shows can be good, but aren't great for "interacting", which is what you want to be doing on a first date.

My advice. Get creative. Do something original, interactive, and something that will work in your favor.

speaking of dates. I haven't had one in a long ass time. WTF. Closest thing was bringing a friend that I want to date real badly wakeboarding.

5. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

i think she would like that but what about the ole movie thing

6. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

Movies are great. Its like a "feeler" date, but if you already have had that interaction it can be awkard. Do you go in for the arm over, hand hold, what do you do. There is minimal interaction.

I've had one good movie 1st date. Girl grabbed my hand, and we made jokes about the movie the entire time. She was a cheerleader, so she was super outgoing so it was an easy one. You get a shy one it can be a bust.

7. eg6sir

ask her.. if she doesnt like it, have a back up plan

8. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

really don't want to do the movie thing... A) i hate the theatres. B) i'd rather come home and watch a movie at my place. better picture, better sound, better couch :) C) it limits the whole 'getting to know you' aspect of it. can't really have a convo in a theatre IMO.

i've met the chick a couple times before, so its not like its the first time we're meeting or anything... it's one of neonmike's wife's friends.

E mentioned the comedy club too.... but its always booked here, and you need reso's a month in advanced most the time, so thats not going to work.

sporting events can eat me. lol i don't even want to go to that. haha plus, 99% of those are outside i would think (basketball is over, hockey is over... all there is in the minor leaguer baseball team right now, really)

i really like mini golf for a first date. but the rain ruins that idea. :(

as for being creative, that's why i'm turning to you people. i'm stumped on what to do. everything i can think of that is remotely "on a whim" involves being outside somewhere.

9. AHHVTEC

ice skating mabe idk laser tag lol

10. alEXej8

alEXej8 New Member

Well girls my age like the whole dinner and a movie thing, but they'd rather watch the movie at my or her house. So its a bit more intimate and they feel more comfortable at their own house. I dunno what else.
    Shit i met this girl, got her number and gave her a call first time we hung out all we did was sit under the stars for hours and talked, and it was awesome. So who knows girls like the spur of the moment thing too, try not to seem too planned out or you'll seem lame. hope that helps.

11. AHHVTEC

so are you a guy or a girl?... but this sounds good go with it

12. alEXej8

alEXej8 New Member

im a guy

13. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

ice skating? lol its summer bro. haha theres no ice here.

laser tag.... naw... i don't want to hang out with 12 year olds.

yup... good times... i had many a night at college sitting on the rock wall looking out over the hudson river.

[​IMG]

just the right of the stairs in this pic is the wall. so you can see it has a dope view.

[​IMG]

but, thats outside. looking up at the rain sucks. lol

i miss college :(

14. alEXej8

alEXej8 New Member

Go for the movie at your house, if its raining girls wanna get all close and feel protected by you, cuz its scary out, lol. Dont ask i have two older sisters.

15. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

keep it gangster.

dinner, go to a place where you can hear live music. have a couple drinks. either way it's a good time. you either make points with the girl or you hear music and get a buzz. good times for everyone.

16. eg6sir

definitely go have a drink or 2 after dinner... it'll give you a chance to talk with her and loosen up.. then maybe a movie at your place, karting, etc.... you could discuss it over a drink.. :shrug:

17. AHHVTEC

yea we have indoor ice skating rinks here lol

18. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

Best date I ever had was I went and picked up some sushi and then some saki and went to the beach and watched the sunset while eating & drinking and then I had some battery powered candles so I turned those on after the sun went down.... But since you don't live in Cali you can't do that..... I hate to sound cliche B but go play some pool and have a few drinks.... Just my .02 Good Luck B :)

19. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

20. Kanned

Kanned Beast

Best date I recall was picking up a girl for a planned dinner. Before she got in my car I said "Ok, I have a sheet in my car for the beach, know an awesome place for dessert, there's a live band at Hemmingway's, Golf World is always an option, and best of all, we can search through my CD's while driving around and sing songs we both know of at the top of our lungs."

It worked out well because I had a topic to bring up for easy discussion at any moment of silence during dinner and she adored the fact that I put thought into the date. I'm pretty straight forward, so I saw nothing with possibly being portrayed as indecisive or lame by presenting the options before hand. Like I said, it was an AWESOME silence breaker during dinner even though we didn't have many. Hopefully my advice will help you somewhat and good luck.

We ended up getting dessert, driving around singing classic rock at the top of our lungs, then going to the beach at 1am until sunset. It was fucking perfect... Ugh, I really liked that girl and still kinda miss her ='(

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted