So I have been thinking......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraslut78

Stylus DJ Extraordinaire
So I have been wanting a bike for awhile now, but I don't want to kill myself, I really like going fast so I think I may have found something that may work for me.... Here it is.... Thoughts???? By the way it's an Aprilia RS125 but they also make a RS250, I think it will be enough bike for me, hell they use it in GP.

Attachments

• Aprilia.jpg
    Aprilia.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 644
1)125cc will drive you nuts. a 250 gets boring after 2 weeks.
2)get a ninja 250. it's probably the only bike on the market you can sell for what you buy it for.
3)I think an aprilia will be expensive and hard to re-sell.

if i recall correctly thats a 2 stroke race bike, like the honda nsr250
wont even be legal to drive on the street

its a sweet bike though, prolly cost an arm and a leg

It started out as a Aprilia RS250 Challenge bike. I then went through the almost impossible process of getting a Florida title and registration for it. I then purchased original Aprilia street legal nose, mirrors, turn signals, tail license plate bracket with tail/brake light from Italy and put it all together.

Nice bikes but I wouldn't touch them for a street bike.
Check out the SV650s and the Ninjas 250/500

Thanks for the help everyone it's going to be awhile before I get a bike but you guys always have great input on things so I thought I would get your opinions. Hopefully in the next 3 months I will have a crotch rocket:)

My input: Faced with the same decision

I was looking at the Sachs 125 (Naked bike, very light), the Hyonsung 200 and then the Ninja 250 (Which I didn't consider, because I wanted a really "beginner" bike, and I went to the shop to look at SCOOTERS ! when I found it)

The Ninja 250 is dollar per smile the best value on the market. A 250 is slow enough, the 125, even if it's street legal, will piss you off. Plus, it's an Aprilia and I know you're not getting it for less than the Ninja.

The Ninja 250 is very forgiving and will not only "get you around" for a year, but even if you get a bigger bike, you'll want to hang on to it forever. The Ninja is just so easy, flickable, and good on gas (On top of looking great.. the build quality is way better than the GSRs) it's just so much goddam fucking fun I can't describe it.

And the real reason I'm glad I didn't get something alittle slower is because when I outgrew the Ninja (Like, week 3) I am still happy with what it can do. If I had the Hyosung I would be ACTIVELY looking to upgrade to ANYTHING to get off of it right now. The 250 is great to ride while I save up for the bike of my dreams.

I'm now a big believer in the Ninja 250, even if you're experienced as a rider. It's just such a great, perfected bike it's nuts. I would even look into the 500 as a starter bike. The 500 will keep you happy for quite a while, and allow you to get on the highway at something less than 8000 rpm.

This weekend I also checked out the Suzuki GSR500, And I wasn't impressed. I would ride my 250 anyday over it. It's nice, but the build quality is shotty, the plastics aren't that pretty and the engine is actually built by Hyonsung.

Again, Ninja FTMW.

Back