one of the crazier things in our new place, is the fact that almost none of it is square. it is a new, older building (about 25 years newer than the one we moved out of, so it atleast has insulation in the walls) . we had a neat challenge here, i had to "cut up" a door to fit an archway sized hole. there was a previous door here, but apparently it was not up to snuff. i have since re-aligned all the kitchen cabinet doors too, installed new catch hardware. this is from before we moved in. here i had roughed the door in using some basic measurements. i found out the bottom of the door needed to be a half inch wider, then took off 3/4 of an inch so the hinges would fit. luckily i only made about 5 basic cuts to get here. i was impressed! it is not perfect... but it will completely suffice. it IS a hollow door, and for now i left the top unfinished as a just incase. inside where the hinges bolt, i slid down thick blocks of wood for the screws, and held them in place with a broom handle so the hinges had some meat behind them. and here is the finish product with the knob installed, and the pocket for the striker chiseled out. it closed perfect, and doesn't rub on anything. a little bit of felt edging to be installed later and it will be fine. ayla is pleased as well. now she can have her door closed at night and keep cool with the AC.