So I just got a ticket...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MikeBergy said:
you have a dash mounted camera? wtf? My dad is a cop here in Cali, and said that he is not allowed to make traffic stops in an unmarked car. But all it has to have to be considered marked is a seal on the side of the car and lettering saying what department it is from.
Yah I had to borrow my step brothers car, my car is being fixed and he is a bail enforcement officer, so he had it mounted to his car.

The agents car was a completely plain blue BMW, looked kinda like the 330Ci coupe.

FBI plates on a 330ci?!?!? thats a new one..

eg6sir said:
FBI plates on a 330ci?!?!? thats a new one..

I didnt really get a close look, I was too pissed off at the moment, he actually kind of speeded(real word?) by past me. It was a beamer for sure though.

MikeBergy said:
yeah, that's a new one to me...don't they usually buy domestic?
Probably government confiscated.Theres 1 local town detective that drives an unmarked mitsubishi eclipse that was confiscated.

97AccorDEx said:
are you sure it was an FBI badge and not just a regular cop badge? cops cant give you a ticket from an unmarked car...i know that much...but i have no clue about FBI...it never hurts to take it to court and tell the judge you noticed the guy was in an unmarked car...

and hell...6 over...we get away with 10 over down here in GA...they only pull us over if we are in double digits over for sure and mostly if its >15 over

Cops have cars disguised as cabs in NYC... fully legal.

"
Used for the Routine Stopping of Motorists in Connection with Traffic Violations."

Loop hole my friend, loop hole.

ok ok...yall win...i guess cops can ticket you in unmarked cars...lol...it was just what i heard...o well...haha

reckedracing said:
how did somen00b get banned?
lol
Lol I didnt get banned.

I did talk to my dad though, and he said that I should just go to court. I should mention that I was pulled over by an unmarked car and ticketed by a plain clothes officer, he said to also mention that it was a federal officer not local/county/state. He said that since I only got my drivers license a few months ago, and that going 6 over in a 35 isnt too unreasonable, that they would let it slide.

Edit: I'll let everyone knows what happens, I hope the D.A isnt an asshole and will let it slide.

Last edited:
somen00b said:
Lol I didnt get banned.

I did talk to my dad though, and he said that I should just go to court. I should mention that I was pulled over by an unmarked car and ticketed by a plain clothes officer, he said to also mention that it was a federal officer not local/county/state. He said that since I only got my drivers license a few months ago, and that going 6 over in a 35 isnt too unreasonable, that they would let it slide.

Edit: I'll let everyone knows what happens, I hope the D.A isnt an asshole and will let it slide.

Since you're young, its more reason not to let it slide.

Food for thought.

If you admit to speeding, you're fucked. There's no, but it was only 6mph over. Speeding is speeding and thats what he wrote you for, it would be different if he wrote you for doing 20mph over when you were doing 5mph.

Your best defense is if he didn't have a radar, but if he knew you were going exactly 6mph over than I would assume he had one. But you can ask him to produce the radar log.

sounnds like the guy
- stole a bmw
- stole plates off a crown vic
- drove around
- got bored
- pulled you over
- gave you a ticket from the crownvic he robbed
- laughed the whole way home at you :D

have you called the number to see if it was filed yet?

well...the most you can get out of by admitting...is the points toward your license...sometimes they will drop the points and just make you pay the fine...all they REALLY want is your money...

97AccorDEx said:
well...the most you can get out of by admitting...is the points toward your license...sometimes they will drop the points and just make you pay the fine...all they REALLY want is your money...

In New Jersey there's a $250 surcharge for any violation involving points thats plead down, plus the original fine, plus court costs.

It pays off in the end, because its cheaper than if your insurance company found out, but it cost me $411 for a careless driving ticket, that was in reality a 15mph over speeding ticket that was written down on the spot and then plead down in court.

Back