so i just got to work...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
3 hours late....

why?

i've been stuck at my freakin lawyer's office all morning..... christ.

my closing is tomorrow, and there's still so much crap left to get done today. its nuts. i'm running around like a retard....

this is by far the most stressful thing i've done in a long time....

the next thing i buy.... i'm letting the wife handel. lol

so, in other words, i'll be living in this condo for a very very long time.

lol, guess you will be
but congrats on the new place

Quoted post[/post]]
hehe...last year around this time....I made the same exact post..... :laugh:

Yeah, buying a house is very similar to swimming in a steamy hot vat of puke while 32 people jab you with cattle prods.

Ok.. Its worse than that. I made it through it though. One of the most stressful things I've ever done.

Yeah, buying a house is very similar to swimming in a steamy hot vat of puke while 32 people jab you with cattle prods.

Ok.. Its worse than that. I made it through it though. One of the most stressful things I've ever done.

damn, i did not need to be reading this thread today
now i;m getting all anxious and i only submitted a BID/OFFER
its not even accepted or anything...

2 family FTW, with a possibility of another rental with some pretty decent work...
and a 1 car garage that needs to be completely redone

:werd: hopefully 24 hours from now, i'll be saying WOOOHOOOO ITS OVER!

and then i'll realize that i still have to move...

and then i'll realize that i have no closet rods... so all my clothes will be in a pile on the floor....

and then i'll realize that i have no blinds/drapes... so everyone will be able to watch me at night...

but then i'll realize that damn, all i have is a kitchen and stairwell light..... so no one will be able to see.... not even me.

:cry:

and then i'll realize that i have no closet rods... so all my clothes will be in a pile on the floor....

go to the local home depot or lowes, study their floor plan and become very familiar with the store...
you'll be going there a lot and its a huge time waster wandering around looking for random shit...

and then i'll realize that i have no blinds/drapes... so everyone will be able to watch me at night...
blankets for bedroom drapes FTW...

but then i'll realize that damn, all i have is a kitchen and stairwell light..... so no one will be able to see.... not even me.
is the electric still hooked up?
if it is take care of that asap
it sucks being in a new place with a stupid candle and no tv/music/fan/nothing...

power is set up to turn on tomorrow... but i have no lamps.

steve had me looking at some closetmate shelving things... i dunno.. they look kinda cheap. i guess i'll have to see them in person...

alright, not sure what closet mate is, but if you need rods with shelves and all that shit go to home depot and look for the white metal deals...

they are metal wire shelves that come in various lengths with shelf brackets, and attachments like rod hangers etc etc etc

you can basically make any size shelf you need with any sort of attachment you could ever dream of...
they are sturdy as hell and have a nice smooth white finish...

i have them all over my apartment and love em

2 pieces of advise...
1, buy a stud finder, it will help a lot
2, buy a small/medium set of bolt cutters...
bolt cutters are the easiest way to cut these shelf things to the proper size...

get more than enough brackets/rods/shelves cause you can return them

and do yourself a favor and get the pretective end caps...
if you do cut them, and have them anywhere near where you could impale yourself on the end of the shelf, you WILL trust me... i fucked myself up pretty bad putting a shelf about head level with no pretector caps...

Screw all that. Custom-made cedar shelving FTW!

Even I did that. Smells great and looks awesome. Easy to do.

Quoted post[/post]]
and do yourself a favor and get the pretective end caps...
if you do cut them, and have them anywhere near where you could impale yourself on the end of the shelf, you WILL trust me... i fucked myself up pretty bad putting a shelf about head level with no pretector caps...
very true, but when you protect yourself from something, you bang it on something else. or at least i do.

Quoted post[/post]]
the next thing i buy.... i'm letting the wife handel. lol

so, in other words, i'll be living in this condo for a very very long time.

bahahha..you silly...
I hear those are very expensive... Im happy for ya..Now all you need is a wife, and
4 kids...and you'll be set..ohh and get rid of the sti and get yourself a Mini van with a vtec engine..lol

sorry..IM bored..Just had a few beers...lol :laugh:

Things like this show how diffrent the laws are. Up here I think I spend a total of 2-3 hrs to bid, negotiate, and close on a property. As for you closet the sell 2" round closet dowel, all you need is a hand saw and two brakets and 5 mins.

Back