So I met Tony Hawk today.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
Boom Boom Huckjam!

cool down to earth guy. he was performing with a few other skaters and vert bikers at six flags new england.

i shook his hand and we chatted about motorsports. seems he is big into trailriding. it was sweet since i used to ride trails and motocross before i started autocrossing.

he thought the red mirage was hot. well, alteast he has good taste!

He just didnt want to bum out a fan by saying your ride is a piece of messabuillshit =)

Yeah...homeboy has a morgan aero8 and did the cannonball either last year or the year before last.

TrailerParkPimpsDad said:
I concur, my email address is partially named after his game. :)

lol yea my name "ripperbone" comes from Powell Peralta. in Highschool I was in to skating and use to ride powell peralta boards, on off my favaorites was the tony hawk board

here is a picture of ripperbone
ripperbone.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I met him once too back when I was all into skating, in like 2000 or something. Definitly a cool guy.

How do you figure? They have everthing from vokswagens to civics to enzo ferrari's..

Why would they ban he aero 8? (not big on cannonball rules, obviously. I figured there were none.)

I WILL run cannonball (gumball rally) once in my life.

The Cannonball was a flat-out wide-open road race on public roads - from New York City to Los Angeles. There were no rules, except that you couldn't board a plane! You, and whomever else could fit into the vehicle, had to drive coast-to-coast with only gas and (perhaps, as there are methods to bypass the need for) pit stops! Top competitors completed the drive in 30+ hours in specially prepared cars - cars that had a high top end or where specially prepared in some other way (enormous gas tanks, painted to resemble cop cars, even an ambulance). This was serious stuff, and it was totally illegal.

Last edited:
I think its now known as "Gumball rally" now.. according to some brief research, cannonball stopped existing in the late 70's

The Cannonball has a cut-off of 1979. Most of the winners of the Cannonball drove motorhomes.

Perhaps it is a gumball you're thinking of.

no, what im thinking about started in england, went to morocco, and then back to the UK. Watch Mischief Invasion and tell me there is no more cannon ball run.

Back