so i sold the hatch today ...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Good luck finding that shell un-mollested.

2003, silver, 50k miles. The package I am unsure of, but I know it is not the Track Edition. 287hp, 6speed manual. I haven't even driven it yet, I found it online. I did a lot of research on it and from a lot of reviews and owners who love it, I decided on it and made an offer to the dealership. They called me today with acceptance to my offer, and I go in wednesday to see/drive it. My mind is pretty much made up now, I am kinda dead set on it. Big plans for it. Ive been wanting to get away from FWD for a while, and I guess this is my chance.

It's a good car just don't get your hopes up before you see/test drive it.

Ask them if they have records of the car, find out when the transmission was replaced, also if it's still on the stock tires/wheels tire feathering was a big issue with them.

IMO the best model to get would be base due to weight, however any trim as long as its with a 6 speed is good.

Also I have a JIC Y pipe that's pretty much brand new, asking 375 obo =)

local pick up only!

It's a good car just don't get your hopes up before you see/test drive it.

Ask them if they have records of the car, find out when the transmission was replaced, also if it's still on the stock tires/wheels tire feathering was a big issue with them.

I've heard the alignment from the factory was terrible. Causes uneven tire wear. I plan on asking about the service intervals, and if preventative maintainence has been done on the engine components.

IMO the best model to get would be base due to weight, however any trim as long as its with a 6 speed is good.

I agree. Why spend the extra money for 10-15 more hp, and LESS torque? I plan on modifying it heavily, so the base model will be just fine being just about everything will be modified/upgraded.

I've heard the alignment from the factory was terrible. Causes uneven tire wear. I plan on asking about the service intervals, and if preventative maintainence has been done on the engine components.

I agree. Why spend the extra money for 10-15 more hp, and LESS torque? I plan on modifying it heavily, so the base model will be just fine being just about everything will be modified/upgraded.

The alignment is fine, it's setup to handle great, and that eats tires a bit fast, if its a weekend car, its fine, but a DD it can be bad, my current alignment seems to be fine, fronts are slightly out of spec but the rears are fine, I also have mine slightly lowered :ph34r:

As far as the more power, that wasn't until the rev up motors came out. I think 06 or 06? then in 07? they went with the HR motors that have duel intakes or is that 08? When ever the Z got the raised hood.

You looking to go N/A, boost, or spray?

It was in 06, from what Ive read. And its going to be boosted. Single turbo though. Not impressed with the TT setup. As far as the alignment issue, it was actually noted in a bulletin for 03-05. :)

Because too many people complained. Nissan did it the way they did it for a reason. =)
They pretty much went from an aggressive alignment giving you the most from your car to a much more normal I guess you could call it, setup.

There's many different kits for both TT and Single Ts. If done right both cost about the same, figure at least 8-10K for parts alone, before tuning. What's better, a TT or single T? well... no one really knows. both can make great power. single Ts are easier to install and give you more space, that's always a plus.

IMO, the single turbo is more efficient, less heat produced, more space (as you noted) and has the ability to make some good power even at low boost levels. And I have a Nissan nut that owns a shop near me (E-Shift Performance), and he will be assisting me in this turbo setup. I got a ball park price of around 7-8k tuned from him, though.

IMO, the single turbo is more efficient, less heat produced, more space (as you noted) and has the ability to make some good power even at low boost levels. And I have a Nissan nut that owns a shop near me (E-Shift Performance), and he will be assisting me in this turbo setup. I got a ball park price of around 7-8k tuned from him, though.

Single turbos put out more heat because unless its the APS kit the turbo is mounted up front next to the motor, the down pipe passes right by the A/C lines (tend to burn up) greddy twins as with APS both have turbos that sit under the car behind the engine towards the tranny. IMO much cooler setup, I can't think of a single TT owner that has fried their A/C lines yet its a very common problem with the single turbo guys.

7-8K tuned? find out what kit and what type of engine management he'll be using. My guess is a Turbonetics kit with a reflash.

...the base is lighter but you loose the LSD, HID's, and any type of traction control

aside from the obvious porsche, i think the sw20 mr2 is my favorite out of the bunch. the cappuccino is just a unique car that would be fun to putt around in...

...the base is lighter but you loose the LSD, HID's, and any type of traction control

Base with swapped rear end for the LSD FTW. Any type of traction control FTMFL I hate that chit. even on the TL. it always pisses me off.

If I had traction control on the Z, the first thing I would have done is removed it.

Back