so i sold the hatch today ...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Single turbos put out more heat because unless its the APS kit the turbo is mounted up front next to the motor, the down pipe passes right by the A/C lines (tend to burn up) greddy twins as with APS both have turbos that sit under the car behind the engine towards the tranny. IMO much cooler setup, I can't think of a single TT owner that has fried their A/C lines yet its a very common problem with the single turbo guys.

7-8K tuned? find out what kit and what type of engine management he'll be using. My guess is a Turbonetics kit with a reflash.

No re-flash, he mentioned an EMS but I cannot remember the name off the top of my head. As for the turbo setup, it is custom from E-Shift. They build turbo manifolds, bend piping and all. They are the SHIT there. I know the turbo itself is somewhere along the lines of an sc61.

Base with swapped rear end for the LSD FTW. Any type of traction control FTMFL I hate that chit. even on the TL. it always pisses me off.

If I had traction control on the Z, the first thing I would have done is removed it.

Who needs traction control? Thats what tire is for. :)

And whats up with the thread jacking going on here? JK, jack away. I will post pictures of the Z tomorrow. I heard its going to rain, but I will post a few anyway.

No re-flash, he mentioned an EMS but I cannot remember the name off the top of my head. As for the turbo setup, it is custom from E-Shift. They build turbo manifolds, bend piping and all. They are the SHIT there. I know the turbo itself is somewhere along the lines of an sc61.

I'm a bit iffy with custom turbo kits from even legit company, sometimes they turn out fine, sometimes so so. There's a large market for 350Zs with TONS of turbo kit options, knowing its right with out having trial and error is nice. Main issue with custom kits is boost spiking. depending on wastegate placement and piping used. If they've done a few Zs and have had good luck with tuning then I'd say go for it! however if your car is the first Z. I'd look into a kit.

Keep in mind some of the kits offered on the market are pretty damn good. also if you dont like everything, you can buy tuner versions that limit what they come with to let you choose your own path.

just make sure you get an external wastegate, for some reason a lot of the custom built turbo systems I've seen have internal wastegates....
My wastegate sits on the crossover pipe.

103.jpg

104.jpg

Nice spot for it =)

Nice, I like it. I went today to notice some things with the car I did not like. For one, the shifter itself would vibrate as if something was loose or worn out. Transaxle shifted kinda rough but the clutch was good. Some bubbling on the paint on the hoods edge up front and the mileage was incorrect as they advertised. It actually had 87k miles on it. So I decided to not buy it. I enjoyed driving it but it wasnt worth near what they wanted and they kept feeding me the BS line that the price they offered me is what they have into the car. So no Z... for now. I will keep looking for other cars, im in no rush right now.

Oh yea, the Z was the Touring edition, to clear that up. :)

z's are a dime a dozen. i found one locally that was a touring edition with 42k for $17,900. i think it was a 2004. no funds though.

I called it. =)

go to my350z.com check out your local area and look at the FS section, there's been some worth while cars for the mid 20s that are already built. Also a lot of cheaper no or low modded cars.

Back