So i was changing my spark plugs when . . . .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
I noticed that when i pulled the # 2 & 3 plugs they had oil on the electrode . . . no oil in the sparkplug chambers but still - how bad is this?

I know its the 0 rings because they weren't changed when my RAS went in although I changed the VC gasket.

Can i still drive the car to VA in 2 weeks if I dont get this fixed? The car seems to drive fine but i dont want to ruin anything.

you will just burn some oil, keep up on that. it could also lower you octane level, but unless you are running high comp. you should be ok.

wow, guess i double threaded this topic (oops).

I also should have mentioned that my car uses an SR20DET motor. Low compression - 8:5:1 ish

So you think I will be ok? The car seems to drive fine . . . im sure this will have to be fixed eventually but should I be ok for my 10hr drive (round trip)?

Thanks for the info. When I changed the plugs i noticed a lil blue smoke when i first started the car, then it was gone.

I would try to get it fixed. i personally hate driving a car when i know something is wrong with it. i just get this bad feeling that something is going to happen. i'm sure it will be ok, just check the oil levels everytime you stop.

get_nick said:
I would try to get it fixed. i personally hate driving a car when i know something is wrong with it. i just get this bad feeling that something is going to happen. i'm sure it will be ok, just check the oil levels everytime you stop.

Oh nick i agree 100% . . its just that I'm in a totally new place right now. No shops i can trust, no time to drop off the car (i leave the appt at 6am, i get home at 7:30pm). Im gonna have to figure something out here.

Pep boyz may be installing a new vc gasket and 0 ring seals on a saturday morning. . . . .

pissedoffsol said:
time for some new rings :)

Yeah right?

Do you think i could make it to VA and back with out breaking down . . .provided i keep tabs on my oil levels???

I havent seen blue smoke yet :shrug2:

yeah, you'll be fine... just stay out of boost as much you can.

even with no rings, your car will still run.... a little bit :p

pissedoffsol said:
yeah, you'll be fine... just stay out of boost as much you can.

even with no rings, your car will still run.... a little bit :p

So i cant run 1bar constantly anymore??

No more racing GTO's on the highway??

What am i supposed to do for the 5hr drive . . . the speed limit??

Back