so i went to the ER this morning

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
and the doctor told me i have the common cold and sore throat.

with a dash of a possible stomach ulcer.

2 nights ago, i made some super fucking awesome spaghetti sauce and cooked that shit up for a few people. yum. i spent the next day at home since i woke up with a sore throat and dizziness. i ate some cereal for breakfast and lunch. last night, leftovers! yum yum - but it came with a price. i ate around 6pm. around 930-10, i started feeling hungry, but weird. around midnight, i was in constant pain but figured i could sleep it off with some aspirin and shit. wrong.

530am, im clutching my stomach basically crying from the pain. call up sabrina, she rushes over and takes me to the ER. after bloodwork/urine samples/xrays its determined i may have an ulcer, and the acidic sauce did me in.

ive been out of work since yesterday (hooray! for almost 2 weeks of sick time :)) and im probably not going in tomorrow. doctors orders. my boss in atlanta is worried as hell. monday - i start federal jury duty. guhhhh

so basically, i eat pretty healthy. the doctor wants me to go see a psychiatrist and take some stress-help sessions. he feels im worrying myself sick. since its free, im going to take him up on it (after jury duty, of course - i love jury duty. makes me feel like im part of a murder mystery!) know what else? i gave up smoking cloves. funny since i havent had one since i initially got sick anyways. no cravings or anything. no random urges to kill passers-by.

so ive been drinking room-temp gatorade. good idea?

also to add - milk helps aggravate ulcers. guh. i <3 chocolate lucky charms! :(

if anyone has anything to add to help me recover from this quickly, id much appreciate it. i hate being sick, and i hate being away from the office. i had a bunch of my users call me to
tell me to get better soon! it was really nice.

for drugs i got penicillin and prilosec OTC.

Last edited:
uhm, gatorade might not be in your interest due to its high-ish salt/sodium content...

not exactly sure what you should drink, but its prob not gatorade

i thought stress=ulcer was an old wives tale, and it was just bacteria in your stomach
you need to use clayton's aproach and eat lots of taco bell to kill those fuckers :ph34r:

You smoke a pack of cloves a day. I'm surprised you're still alive, and you weren't diagnosed with cancer.

Also, welcome to the world of ulcers. I've had 2, and I've had one seriously large one. Not fun.

Scripts out there now take care of it pretty well. Zantac and shit like that.

stress=ulcer has alot of factors. your general state of mind also helps determine what you can/cannot fight off. if you feel like shit all the time, do you think you will be healthy? usually im a pretty happy guy and i feel great. lately ive just been getting sick alot more, sleeping less, etc.

taco bell will kill me :(

a pack? 2 days. lately i smoke a pack in 3-4 days. ive been cutting down. works well with my diet. ive lost 10 lbs in 2 months :) i know that doesnt sound like much but ive been able to do it with just altering my eating habits at my own pace.

so your not going to have anymore of my frozen burritoes????...

get better kid....I need a driver one of these days.

Gatorade doesn't affect me at all. I love the gator.

When I had mine, I found that snapple was drinkable, and kept my fluids up. milk of course is a no-no, as are greezy foods.

ill eat spicy foods eventually :) just gotta eat better than i already am, i guess.

how do you no it was nt your spaghetti. sometimes when i cook my famous spag bol i end up with a bit of a liquid shit the next day, mabe you just made a strong brew and your gut couldnt take it, if you cook any where near as bad as me its highly possible.

You eat Taco Bell and then wonder why you have stomach pain :roll: :lol:

That sucks man, nothing worse then trying to fight off the pain and it gets the best of you. I found out I have tendonitis in both shoulders the hard way, not sleeping for almost a week in constant pain. Until 1 night I just couldnt take it and went to the ER. I feel for ya :)

Back