So identity fraud has happend to me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

importjdmcivic

Its the NUGE!
Well i was in Norfolk, Newport News, Suffolk, VA Beach and all kinds of places in that area this past weekend for my best friends wedding. The entire time i was never with a computer and once i got home i knew i was gunna have quite a few emails waiting for me. Well, i finally arrived home last night and the first thing i do after a very much needed poo was check my email. As i am scrolling through my inbox i see that "I" have won 10 bids on chinese items on ebay. So i click one the item link to one of the items...no pictures..no description...nothing. Just a "buy it now!" price and my name as the winning bidder. All the items were like..35 RMB whatever the hell that is. I go to ebay and check my shit, and all the 30-35 RMBs were added up to a grand whopping total of like 36 USD. So its not very much that they screwed me for but still, i am not buying that shit...that shit which is actually nothing. So i emailed ebay and told them the situation. Anyone else ever had this happen to you? And what should i do next? Should i cancel my ebay account?

Cliff Notes - Someone hacked into my ebay account and bought a bunch of chinese stuff.

Yea, i made sure they were not fake emails and manually typed in www.ebay.com to check my account. I didnt want to go to www.fakeebay.com through those emails. But apparently they weren't fake because everything was on my account on ebay. Now that i think about it, i am suprised they didn't change my password.

If you're worried about Identity Theft I sell you some identity theft protection that also lets you check your credit score =)

only $12.95 yo

Then if anyone ever trys to use your credit they e-mail/call you and let you know someone has pulled up your credit and ask if it was you or not.

as far as ebay goes yeah thats not really ID theft.

Those commercials are fucking hilarious. Especially the one with the two old grannies dubbed to the rednecks. Shoot, that shit cracked me up

As to your problem, change your password.

I had a weird won auction thing myself. Then ebay sent me a msg saying the auction was terminated because the ebay member was suspended.

Weird..........

That happened to me to an extent too. They hacked my Ebay account and sent out a shit ton of messages in spanish. No idea why but it definitly had a shady aspect and my Ebay account got suspended. I e-mailed them and told them though I speak broken spanish, I in no way shape or form can write in it. They helped me change my password and took me off suspension.

hahaha...yea...that site is the best OWN3D piece yet...lol

and for the two grannies commercial someone mentioned...that shit is hilarious!

Back