So I'm being charged with assault

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Um, yeah. I've had my fair share of "safety meetings". ;)

It's a statistical fact that hard partiers tend to drag down productivity with their absent days. While they work hard while they're there, all of the time they take off forces their work-load on others which brings everyone's productivity. If you're doing a brain dead job in the first place, it doesn't really matter one way or the other as long as you show up for all of your shifts on time.

<~~~ hard partier. i havent taken a day off except for vacation or jury duty in about a year. :( sucks. i actually lost some of my vacation time because i forgot about it.

I used to be a hard partier and didn't miss a day of school (high school)... I used to also go to school drunk, but still graduated lol. But I'm a good girl now.
I only party at night so I can go to bed and sleep it off.

http://www.ndfwa.org/Editor/assets/statistics.pdf

When I say "hard partier", I'm not talking about people who party every night. I'm talking about people who get shit faced every night and/or stay up partying until 4am when they have to be at work at 8am. This is the difference between the guy who has a few beers and the guy who has a 12 pack or the guy who smokes pot all day and the guy who gets wasted all day. If you party like that, image how much more productive not only you but also your office would be, if you didn't.

Slush, I know this is a really trying time for you, but do what you can to relax. I find that mediation helps, even if it's only for 10-20 seconds to get my thoughts straight.
I kind of took the day off. The first half my ulcers were just terrible and I literally couldn't even go to class. The second half, what I had to do tonight got canceled. However I am starting one project right now. It's due Thurs. but I have to have something to show in class tomm. Then after class tomm I'm finishing my other group project and catching up on what I missed today in class. I just need to pace myself. But I can't afford another day of downtime either.

Yes, awoke this morning to construction equipment which was shortly followed by me puking up stomach acid. But I did get one project done this morning. Now shower and class.

UPDATE: Court was today. Not Guilty but I have to pay half his medical bills. Over 10k in bills, 20% deductible, around 2k, half of that is a little over a grand. Plus the 1.5k for the lawyer and about another 1.5k to get my record expunged(sp?). All said and done, my pockets are about 4k lighter for defending myself. And he can still try to get more civil-ly. Let's just say I wasn't too pleased all day.

how can they make you pay if you are found not guilty? also, it shouldn't cost that much to get your record expunged. according to what i have researched, you have to wait 3 years and can do all the paperwork and take it in front of the court yourself.

at least you didn't get jail time.

congrats, you're a free man, all be it somewhat lighter in the pockets. That's the biggest flaw in our legal system, even if you're innocent you still lose cause it's so damn expensive.

how can they make you pay if you are found not guilty? also, it shouldn't cost that much to get your record expunged. according to what i have researched, you have to wait 3 years and can do all the paperwork and take it in front of the court yourself.

at least you didn't get jail time.
We both were charged with assault by the other. This was the deal set by my lawyer and the prosecutor because if it had gone to trial we both would have been convicted no doubt. As my lawyer put it, "Morals have nothing to do with it, just because he deserved it doesn't make it any less of an assault."

As far as cleaning my record, that's what my lawyer said it costs in NJ. 1k plus a few hundred to set it up and expedite quickly. I graduate in May and have to now wait until at least August to apply for a job with no arrest record. What really blows is I just spent money on my civil service application. The test is in June IF they except my application with an arrest with no conviction.

Other than the general bad taste in my mouth I know I faired well. The only thing I wished had gone different was that a cute blonde I know from class was there fighting a ticket too. So my whole Major will probably know by semester's end. Maybe she likes bad boys......

In NJ you can apply for a bunch at a time. My friend who knows about it said to apply for everything to at least get a foot in the door. I'm really only interested in being a cop or a corrections officer though.

I gotta say this. I tried to tell you guys that and none of you would listen.

Live and learn, bro. I could've been a whole shitton worse.
I actually asked my lawyer, "So because it was mutual combat and I can land a punch when he cant, I'm on the shit end of the deal?"
Lawyer," Sucks, doesn't it."

why are you going for a civil service job when you just graduated?
isn't your major in business?

why are you going for a civil service job when you just graduated?
isn't your major in business?
Advertising actually. I hate the majority of the jobs in my major. But I'm covering all bases really. I did this, have a sister in the financial sector, and will take the right job related to advertising.

your gonna be one hell of a cop lol...j/p;)
If this event happened and I was a cop, "I didn't hit him, he fell multiple times on his face.... and he had a gun.... and crack."

Advertising actually. I hate the majority of the jobs in my major. But I'm covering all bases really. I did this, have a sister in the financial sector, and will take the right job related to advertising.
smart to spread yourself out
only reason I asked was because most civil service jobs don't pay that well compared to private sector
but... if you put in your 20 or 25 years your have a nice pension (80% of your salary?)
good benefits..

hmmm... i wonder if i should go in for civil service
i know accountants working for the irs generally make jack shit unless they get to GS13 or so

smart to spread yourself out
only reason I asked was because most civil service jobs don't pay that well compared to private sector
but... if you put in your 20 or 25 years your have a nice pension (80% of your salary?)
good benefits..

hmmm... i wonder if i should go in for civil service
i know accountants working for the irs generally make jack shit unless they get to GS13 or so
Yea, Jersey pays them pretty well and offers retirement after 20 years but the longer you stay the more of your pension you get.

Back