So I'm car shopping...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its a 96 Skyline GTS....

?

I realize it's a Skyline, but I didn't think there would be one for sale in my city. I might have to check it out tomorrow.

motorex is also retarded and its why people try to get $70k for a skyline...you can legalize cars through other comapny's

$16k for a 96 GTS is about right

Quoted post[/post]]
motorex is also retarded and its why people try to get $70k for a skyline...you can legalize cars through other comapny's

$16k for a 96 GTS is about right

Motorex was the only company that I knew of importing skylines and now it can no longer import the skylines because they closed a loophole in the law.

Motorex went through all the DOT testing and crashed multiple cars and went through the ringer to prove that they were crash and road worthy cars. Thats the only reason why the skyline is now on the list of cars that is able to be imported. If a cars not on the list then it can't be imported legally, although people seem to think it can. As far as I know, there's no reason for motorex to release the information on how to make a skyline road and crash worthy - so I don't know how any other company would be able to import one. Sure its possible I suppose.

theres info out there

I don't feel like writing out the whole process, but its basicly adding emissions (which Nissan makes the parts for the Skyline, I've seen the list of everything needed) and upgrading the bumpers withstand 5mph impacts without damage...basicly adding the foam impact absorbers in the front and rear.

I wish I had my old PC, I had everything on there as well as copies of US titles for a Skyline, a GT-4 Celica, a glasstop Si-R CRX, a Renault Clio Sport V6, and a few others...I looked into this shit years ago, its about as hard as getting a new title on a salvage car depending on the state you live in.

Quoted post[/post]]
theres info out there

I don't feel like writing out the whole process, but its basicly adding emissions (which Nissan makes the parts for the Skyline, I've seen the list of everything needed) and upgrading the bumpers withstand 5mph impacts without damage...basicly adding the foam impact absorbers in the front and rear.

I wish I had my old PC, I had everything on there as well as copies of US titles for a Skyline, a GT-4 Celica, a glasstop Si-R CRX, a Renault Clio Sport V6, and a few others...I looked into this shit years ago, its about as hard as getting a new title on a salvage car depending on the state you live in.

See i've personally heard its a lot more. Motorex did the research and I guarantee that they kept it to themselves, no other company did the research to my knowledge so what you've heard is just the research done by personal individuals on the internet.

I've personally seen the list of cars that you're allowed to import into the United States, because someone on NASIOC is selling a Subaru 22B that he claims is legal but since its not on the list of cars that are allowed to be imported, its impossible to be legal.

Motorex split and now one of the owners is at another company, I heard that they were trying to import skylines there but whatever the loophole there was, is now shut so skylines can no longer be legally imported into the US.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread...0&highlight=22b

Here's the thread.

Originally Posted by JDM Importers
This is simple. Anyone can convince a Motor Vehicle Employee to register a car in some states, you get a title and a assign VIN#. is it legalized NO! This means if a state trooper pulled you over you showed him your DL & Reg you are good to go! No problems. If US Customs or NHSTA show up at the car show and asked to see your importation Papers, Your Title and Regs means nothing. The car goes to impound the fine runs $20K to $80K. Car gets crushed!

I have imported old 1963 Mini Coopers, worked on getting cars it for SEMA on show exemptions for 12 months and have been involved in problems of an imported car being sold to me that was brought in legally! Only to find out that it was on a Show importation, and Had to be crushed!

I Have spent my money with import conultants to find a legal way to get Subarus here fully legalized. And guess what it is not going to happen until we get enough people to write and march on congress and the U.S. Senate!

If any one noticed there are very few cars on the legal car status! And it is funny a Porsche (That Bill Gates bought and fought to keep here) is on there. Also some car that Jay Leno wanted!

You get the picture Money and clout can get a car on it!.

I get offered 22Bs about once a month. $40K is a good number for a import 22B.
If it was easy I would have one and you would see the in some cities at car shows ect! But you do not! The only one I have see picts of is in NEW JERSEY at Subaru North America!

The federal goverment make rules that over ride andy state rules! unless the rules are changed it is not happening.

Motorex is a gr8 example they found a Loop Hole in the rules! Feds shut Loop Hole! Motorex out of Business! Evolution Imports thinks they have it figured on evo 7s, Feds say no! No evo7s.

But Timdog I am a business man and I know the car market. Your best bet is to borrow the money to get the car here! Get both the Assingned Vin and the Federlization papers, They come with a sticker for the winshield i have seen them on Ferraris and Mecerdes federlized in the 1980s.

Put the Car on EBAY and since it would be the only one here I estimate the going price would fetch close to $80K.

Good luck have Fun Keivn

Funny how he hasn't posted a response.

There is no way he can legalize the car and sell it for $59k even if he did all the DOT required things like seat belts in the rear if it can seat 3 people, reinforcement for the doors, 5 mph bumpers. OBD2 converted, EPA, etc..

Maybe it's not a scam and the $59k is for the petition and bonds??

Bump till somebody get's scammed

Mike

Thats just one of the many posts made in the thread.

Not much to do with the internet...I talked to someone in CT who had a legal GT-4 Celica (1994) and a legal 97 Legacy (twin turbo RHD). He also had a Pulsar GTiR that was not legalized (somoene may know him on here)

I met him at a car show and he told me all about how he got them in, legalized them, ect ect...from there I researched it and found out how, where, and who's done it with what cars

Its more about where you bring the car, I don't doubt that guy has a legal 22B Impreza...the all knowing "list" (which has been posted here) is bullshit, those are not the only cars you can bring in and legalize

Quoted post[/post]]
Not much to do with the internet...I talked to someone in CT who had a legal GT-4 Celica (1994) and a legal 97 Legacy (twin turbo RHD). He also had a Pulsar GTiR that was not legalized (somoene may know him on here)

I met him at a car show and he told me all about how he got them in, legalized them, ect ect...from there I researched it and found out how, where, and who's done it with what cars

Its more about where you bring the car, I don't doubt that guy has a legal 22B Impreza...the all knowing "list" (which has been posted here) is bullshit, those are not the only cars you can bring in and legalize

Its by the federal government, a .gov website.

There's no Subarus on the list to import legally. Your friend didn't import the car legally. He might have had the car imported and legalized by he did so by doing something that was less than legal - vin swapping, declaring as parts (which would destroy the car), paying or knowing someone at the dmv, etc.

Just because something is made to be "legal" doesn't mean that the method by which is became "legal" was legit or "legal".

If I knew someone at the DMV I could have a car legalized as well...

motorex is out of business.... so who cares what they could or could not do. the gov't shut them down cuz they didn't fully us-spec the skylines per the agreement.

16k for an r33 gts-t is like japanesse price.
then add shipping, importing, etc....

i dunno man, sounds too good to be true. cuz seriously, thats what they cost to buy. its like buying a 95 or 95 m3... they are still 18 grand in mint condition...

no VIN swapping, no dismantling the 2 to make one

I'm telling you, its totally possible to do it legit. Like I said, its where you take/who you know/what you know about doing it. I go to the RI VIN check at least once a week with a salavge car for a Re-VIN or salvage inspection so I know who I could bring a car to without getting my balls busted. As long as everything was in order paper wise and receipt wise, I could get a VIN for a JDM car and then take it to the registry (who doesn't deal with shit like that everyday, like DMV's in CA or FL would) and they'd just issue a title...totally legal

Also, the crash test standard is only for cars that do not have a similar US model...ie: anything made by Seat/Puegot/ect, ect. Impreza's have a US counterpart.

And: "One basis for determining a motor vehicle eligible for importation is that it 1) is substantially similar to a motor vehicle of the same model year that was manufactured for sale in the United States and certified by its manufacturer as complying with all applicable FMVSS and 2) is capable of being readily altered to comply with all applicable FMVSS"...which is any Subaru

All the cars on the NHTSA list are just the makes/models that have already been deemed importable, vehicles are not restricted to that list

Back