So I'm doing some car shopping...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

240, and instead of spending the money on a SR swap. Turbo the Ka, and do head work. you'll be happier.

btw, when the grand national came out, the corvette guys over at chevy pitched a fit because this grand national thing (buick regal) handed the vette its ass in drags. from the factory.

geta Z. insurance tho. in your options your best bet would be the 240. 4 seater, no turbo. cheaper then a GST/GSX to insure, and deff cheaper then the Z or the jag to find for a good price. and cheaper to insure probably. get the damn 240 and be done with it. lol

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 20 2004, 03:05 PM
I have noticed none of you have said anything about the XJS... ?
[post=379783]Quoted post[/post]​

because its an over priced FORD!

^^ :D :D

Turbo KA's lay down good power - but I personally still feel that they are more vulnerable to high power in the 350+RWHP range. And also chances are the motor will have mucho mileage.

Personaly : I have honestly no idea how much RWHP a KA can hanlde in stock form, just haven't read anything from anybodies experiences, but I do know that the SR motor will lay out over 500RWHP with a stock bottom end.

Not saying the KA isn't a good motor to turbo cause it is pretty good.

:)

I guess you didnt like my list heh, I got one more suggestion then

Toyota MR2 turbo

fast, semi-light, looks good, good gas, RWD, mid engine, good handling, decent aftermarket support, reliability, T-tops, Chick magnet!

if you are not considering this car become a fag and just buy a VW GTi cuase you hate every good car and this is the only one left.

MR2 Turbo - Great! Except it's a bitch to fit anything more than 2 bodies in. I know, my aunt had one. She let me borrow it for a week while my car was in the shop and sure it was fast, looked good, etc. but I barely fit in it.

-----------------------> Celerity Post <--------------------

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Aug 20 2004, 02:51 PM-->
@Aug 20 2004, 02:34 PM
Miata- RWD good gass great handling
Grand Prix GTP- Supercharger, good gas
[post=379767]Quoted post[/post]​

GP GTP - ...wtf?
[post=379771]Quoted post[/post]​

Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. Nice car, 3.1 V6 with Supercharger. Not as good as the TGP, which is barely a GM at all. The TGP (Turbo Grand Prix) is one of my dream cars. It's got a 2.8 liter, that was overbored and stroked by McLaren. McLaren then licenced their math to GM and gave birth to the 3.1 V6. That means that the TGP (1989-1990) were the quintessential 3.1 motors. Each motor was handpicked, magneto-checked and hand forged. Then, they added a specially prepared (again by McLaren) 700R4 trans, Garrett / Turbonetics T047 (Ring a bell? Thought not. It's a custom build for the TGP) and McLaren tuned suspension. Beyond that lie the special option computers, and dash (Steering wheel controls, HUD, nav computer) and 22-way seats designed by ASC. If you find a TGP with a sunroof, it's an acre (Well, 22"x30") of glass powered to go all sorts of directions.

But plan to wait, Only 2225 were made (2000 2 doors, 225 4 doors which are missing the electronics and seats) and they were only made in 1989-1990.

Only the chassis and some of the interior are GM build. The rest is McLaren / ASC.

-> Steve

----------------------> Celerity Post <------------------

i understand that a SR holds more power thena KA in stock form. thats the difference between a forged bottom end and a cast. so for the cheap run, KA with a turbo kit, then get bottom end pieces. holds more then the stock SR bottom, and still isnt more expensive, or if it is, it isn't to much more. I've seen SR's put down 500hp, but thats a dyno number, and not a regularity. 500hp Stock bottom end SR will last this long .... dyno queens are gay. besides, hp isn't the only factor in life. Tq matters too. hence the extra .4L of displacement.

MR2 would be great, if you dont mind anal penitration without lube via your insurance company.

Originally posted by nismogod@Aug 22 2004, 03:03 PM
MR2 would be great, if you dont mind anal penitration without lube via your insurance company.
[post=380315]Quoted post[/post]​

A great observation. There is no way to quantify the MR2 as your "Modest, just get me to work car". It's like trying to play down your Lambo as a grocery getter.

-> Steve

here in MA an MR2 would have the same insurance as a civic. ??? its all regulated. I pay 2700 w/ full everything for my sol and 1800 for a shitty van with no coverage

ahhh..I just don't like turboing a motor with 150+k

still think the SR is the way to go, they are pretty cheap, the swap can be done over the weekend by you, and you'll have a bottomend that you KNOW can handle 500+RWHP..

fuck, chances are you won't see above 350rwhp.

Originally posted by Airjockie+Aug 22 2004, 02:21 PM-->
-----------------------> Celerity Post <--------------------

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 20 2004, 02:51 PM
SolPWR
@Aug 20 2004, 02:34 PM
Miata- RWD good gass great handling
Grand Prix GTP- Supercharger, good gas
[post=379767]Quoted post[/post]​

GP GTP - ...wtf?
[post=379771]Quoted post[/post]​

Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. Nice car, 3.1 V6 with Supercharger. Not as good as the TGP, which is barely a GM at all. The TGP (Turbo Grand Prix) is one of my dream cars. It's got a 2.8 liter, that was overbored and stroked by McLaren. McLaren then licenced their math to GM and gave birth to the 3.1 V6. That means that the TGP (1989-1990) were the quintessential 3.1 motors. Each motor was handpicked, magneto-checked and hand forged. Then, they added a specially prepared (again by McLaren) 700R4 trans, Garrett / Turbonetics T047 (Ring a bell? Thought not. It's a custom build for the TGP) and McLaren tuned suspension. Beyond that lie the special option computers, and dash (Steering wheel controls, HUD, nav computer) and 22-way seats designed by ASC. If you find a TGP with a sunroof, it's an acre (Well, 22"x30") of glass powered to go all sorts of directions.

But plan to wait, Only 2225 were made (2000 2 doors, 225 4 doors which are missing the electronics and seats) and they were only made in 1989-1990.

Only the chassis and some of the interior are GM build. The rest is McLaren / ASC.

-> Steve

----------------------> Celerity Post <------------------
[post=380286]Quoted post[/post]​

Celerity, the GTP with the 3.4 in it didn't have a supercharger. Only the 97 plus GTP with the 3800 Series II V6 had the supercharger and the built 4 sp auto to accompany it. Makes 240 hp and 280 ft lbs torque. I raced a guy (in his g/f's Jetta) who said he had a GTP that ran 11s. I've seen it, so I believe it...

and to clarify:

90 TGPs had the 3.1 Turbo motor with 210 hp.
95-96 GTPs had the 3.4 NA motor with 215 hp.
97-current GTPs have the 3.8 SC motor with 240 hp.

well after searching for a while on freshalloy this is the best answer to KA/T vs. SR....

"Enough is enough!!!
Both engines are GREAT.
The SR is very refined and proven.
The KA is an untapped resource of raw power.
Just remember we are all nissan Enthusiast's.
Why are you all bickering about which is better? They are both great. When it comes down to it, its just prefrence.
Remember, KA or SR..ITS ALL NISSAN.
SO quit"

both have potential, both a good motors, do what you want..

Gotcha. However, for a badass turbo kit for the KA it's like 4 grand, plus shipping and installation. So when the smoke clears I'll be in the motor around 5500 bucks, with stock internals, and capped at 7psi. Sure the KA-T will be torquier, but at a very extended cost.

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@Aug 24 2004, 12:42 PM
Torque = off the line accell.... which might be important in racing... ;)
[post=381018]Quoted post[/post]​

That would be great if I intended on racing it... ;)

I just want it to run on some lightly modified F-bodies. :shrug2:

Thinking about making a windshield banner that says "Uncle Ben's Rice Avengers"

hey battle pope, check out freshalloy and type in KA-T under the search function, pretty impressive stuff from the kat guys.

also some good info from phatkat.com,

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Aug 24 2004, 02:28 PM-->
NissanNiNjA2nd
@Aug 24 2004, 12:42 PM
Torque = off the line accell.... which might be important in racing... ;)
[post=381018]Quoted post[/post]​

That would be great if I intended on racing it... ;)

I just want it to run on some lightly modified F-bodies. :shrug2:

Thinking about making a windshield banner that says "Uncle Ben's Rice Avengers"
[post=381069]Quoted post[/post]​

what do you consider lightly?? cuz a lightly modified around here can hit high 12s....

i agree, its all nissan. i just dont like doin what everyone else does. admittantly sr is a great motor and CAN handle 500+hp on a stock bottom end. i can also argue a stock LS CAN handle 22psi. i can also argue a stock SRT4 bottom end can hold 900hp (which it has according to some mopar sources). dont buy a name brand turbo kit. pff. find someone to build one for you. this shelf crap is just that. build and tune to your specific setup. hell, down here, turbo tom offered to; design, fabricate, install, and tune a TT system for a 2002 WS6 for 7k for me. wtf is 5500 on a KA? retarded. personally, i wouldn't pay that much, and you should be able to get more then 7psi outta a KA. thats me tho. again, both nissans, both fun. do it up your way and let us know.

btw, a "lightly modified" f-body isn't gonna be slow. not usually.

Back