So I'm doing some car shopping...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

btw, a "lightly modified" f-body isn't gonna be slow. not usually.
[post=381128]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Unless its a 3rd generation f body

The "Crazy Eights Rice Patrol" consists of 2 camaros and a firebird. One late 80s camaro, a mid-90s camaro, and a mid-90s firebird. To my knowledge, both camaros are z28s and the firebird is a V8. By lightly modified I mean chincey-ass dual exhaust and a k&n "filtercharger" arr!

you've got to be kidding me. "Crazy eights Rice Patrol" how friggin queer. if you werent so far away, i'd come out to run also. lol. you got it covered man. SR20, z32 MAf, boost controller, couple other minors and its all good. or the KA-T with some minor shiza and you're straight.

to keep this thread going, how about a forged bottom end from nissan without losing the displacment..

RB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best of both worlds :D

I've made a few basic decisions.

1. The S13 fastback is still kicking around. Not dead yet.

2. I am looking at 240/60/80Zs. I think I'm going to drop a JDM VG30DETT under the hood if this is what I decide on.

Big goals there dude. I love how in Honda conversations people will drop the heaviest of swaps into the conversation, like it's nothing.

Dude, I'm gonna do an NSX swap on a CRX !

-> Steve

i vote small block over vg30. vg yeilds alot of difficulty in wiring where as you can just leave the small block carbed.

Makes teh sense, y0. About what gas mileage do you think I'd get out of that setup, and what's a good manual trans for a small block?

Also, what rear end should I use?

James... something.. i forget... but basically he put a ls1(out of a camaro) in a 240 along with the 6speed.... he has a lot of stuff in that car pushing out like 450 hp.... anyway... its still a pushrod motor :D but if you want a V8 that is the way to go... there are a lot of places that even sell all of the mounts and shit you will need to put it in.

I think he gets about 18 - 22 mpg.. in the citiy... but you might want to check on that....

rear end...... I dont remember what the rear end in the 240 is but I am sure he has replaced it... i think with the one from the camaro... but again check it.

buddy just showed me a video of a sick ass 280z.

200 shot, some type of V8, with an intercooled blower.

a little about the video, the car was driving along at around 40mph, then he stepped on it and for the next 1/8 it was all painted rubber street and the car sideways....it was sick.

I'll try to post the video later.

I've worked with JTR (Jaguars that Run) many times in the past, when I was doing V8 swaps in Blazers. These guys have been around and doing it longer than anyone else, even V8Archie. Their kits are top-notch, and their support is great. I definately endorse them.

Now send me a 350 kit for my XJ6, JTR.

-> Steve

look at that, this crazy honkey here(me) identified a good group. jagsthatrun.com

i think that Z car you were talking about, yea, i think its darius. should be a couple other vids of him, one where he races an R1.

Back