So, I'm new.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

navtecftw

I've been lurking around here for quite a while. I think about six months or so. At first, I came just for the technical information, but after that got old and I still needed something to do at work. Every since then I've been keeping up with the lounge. I can't say that it'll make much of a difference with me joining, as I don't have much to contribute, but I needed something to do.

Anyway, I have two cars, both of them 1991 Acura Integras. One is a two door, automatic. That's the one that actually runs, besides the warped rotors, and a bit of a click in the suspension when I turn. The other is a four door with a five speed, and a nice hole in the block that has been my platform from going to knowing nearly nothing about cars to knowing almost something. It's fun, and beats the hell out of grinding away on broken computers all day.

That's.. about it. Not much of an introduction, I know. I would, however, like to thank you guys for providing me with great entertainment, and pictures that were clearly marked NSFW but were just too tempting anyway. ;) I doubt I'll post much, but I'll be watching.

:D Hello & welcome... officially.
Im the same way too on the NWS threads...
Im just to curious. :ph34r:

Plus if its started by Misti & has NSFW in the title... you bet your ass Im in!

Yes, more g2 love. I'd been wavering today on whether I liked the 3rd generation better, but I saw a 4 door today and made up my mind. G2 wins. I think I've seen Misti around G2IC, just with less exposure.

You all seem like a great group of people, even though you are a bit messed up sometimes. Then again, I'm from Arkansas... I don't have much to say. I KNOW the stories that go around about people from down here. Sadly enough, farther south in the state, it seems like they might be true.

Oh noes! I'm being stalked! Yes, I compose myself on G2IC, different crowd there. Doesn't help that I dated one of their members, either. Well, I have nothing bad to say about AR. Never been there. :) Yes, I say the G2 wins too, but I like boxy looking cars. Go figure that I hate the xB though. Odd. :p

The warped rotors and the tick can be solved with $120 in parts, and 4 hours of time :)

Welcome aboard !

Yeah, I've been saving up some money for it. Now it is just a matter of having the time. I'm also a little lazy, but the braking is getting horrible. As for that tick, I'm sure it's something to do with the steering, I just don't know what yet. I have a friend that happens to be the son of a mechanic, and he helps me out with most of that since I haven't messed with it hardly at all.

Yeah, G2IC is very different from here. Everyone is more relaxed, and there just seems to be a greater amount of knowledge per person. The knowledge is just more spread out, I suppose. Don't worry though, I don't stalk anyone. I'm too lazy.

Eh, I'm almost positive it's a cv boot, or something along those lines, just from what a couple have people have said that have ridden in it. It ONLY does it when I'm turning, and only then on a tight turn.. usually when I'm starting off from a stop. If I barely move and don't turn the steering wheel too far, I don't get it. I'm not a mechanic though, so I just go off opinions. I'll probly have a look at it within a week or so, because that's driving me crazy. I'm worried the things going to fall apart on me while I'm driving.

Buy yourself a new axle. :) And I always thought that too... that click will just get worse, it won't 'break' and even if it does, you won't just fall to pieces... I'd be surprised if it broke, though.

you can try to re-boot it with some new grease
or grease it and wrap it with plastic and duct tape if you're really poor...
this might save you from changing the axle for a couple months

I can't tell you how good it feels to have that bit of assurance that it wont just fall apart. I'm aware that these things are sturdy, but still, I wonder sometimes. I keep holding off on it.. I'm honestly thinking about buying another car, just because as I'm sure you know, these have problems. I'll be keeping my four door for a project, but my mother has been wanting something to drive from the house to town in once in a while, and she loaned me the money to buy it in the first place so I'd be willing to cut her a real good deal on it. I really have been thinking hard about a fit, not only because their cheap but just damn sexy. Probly wont happen, but I like to think about it.

drag that shit!! oh wait....wrong forum. shit i forgot. anywho, welcome to HondaSwap!!

Welcome, your not alone because I'm kinda in the same place as you, here for tech as well as a good laugh every now and then from the lounge.

Back