So i'm pondering moving to Arizona...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Have you looked into Denver??
i'm looking at a dry place to go with warm weather year around. and i've been to arizona a couple time. i want to be able to ride year around. have a lower cost of living. i guess i just got use to not being in one place for to long while i was in the air force.

Don't forget Vegas very similar weather, and for a man whore vegas is the promised land.

Denver has some incredible weather. Winter isn't generally that long (shorter than the east coast's winter) and its sunny and warm a majority of the year. You can still snowboard there too!! Cost of living, well i havent personally looked into it, but I've had friends live there and freinds who currently live there, they dont pay that much really. I've been told its similiar to Burlington, VT where your average 1 bedroom will run you anywhere from 700-2000/mo. 2000 being an extreme, avg is probably around 1000.

but if sun and heat is what you're after, fuck CO.

Colorado weather is perfect. Cold, yeah - when it wants to be. Next day in the sun though, it's perfect.

Colorado is utopia.

And JackoBot can't handle the terrain
when you get your bike, and every day it rains you will feel like the kids in the Dr. Seuss's "The Cat in the Hat". It's sad looking outside when you want to ride and its ALWAYS raining.

You been to connecticut ?

This place rains shit from the asshole of the heavens. Colorado = quality riding.

As far as biking in CT, it's got to be on the top 5 list of shittiest places to ride. The drivers here are completely blind and ignorant to the concept that someone wouldn't want to:

1) Drive a car not made in the past 17 years
2) Stay away from bikes because they don't have radios or air conditioning
3) Get a tattoo or piercing
4) Avoid women with tattoos / piercings.

Actually, funny thread jack about that:

I was at a gas station a few weeks ago in a town I rarely go to . I stopped in at a gas station to ask for directions (It was pretty close to the gas station, at least). So the kid can't remember or know anything about this street. So he walks out from the counter, says "Follow me". We walk to his car and he loads his navigation computer and gets the directions for me.

The gas station clerk has a car with navigation. I'm all stoked when I Get a car with power windows.

Actually, funny thread jack about that:

I was at a gas station a few weeks ago in a town I rarely go to . I stopped in at a gas station to ask for directions (It was pretty close to the gas station, at least). So the kid can't remember or know anything about this street. So he walks out from the counter, says "Follow me". We walk to his car and he loads his navigation computer and gets the directions for me.

The gas station clerk has a car with navigation. I'm all stoked when I Get a car with power windows.
i'm the same way. i haven't had a car less than 6 years old. and that was the first car i bought. i like the sun. thats one of my main motives for moving.

I wasn't calling you a man whore, I was speaking on my personal experience having lived there for about 8 yrs. But.....
The last time was on a 4 day, weekend of debauchery with some friends from high school
. I don't know you and it's not my place to judge, but I can admit to being one. What can I say Vegas has that affect on people

i like the sun. thats one of my main motives for moving.
Well, look no further than....really far away! We have sun here in south FL =D. It's hot/humid as hell most of the time, but there's ALWAYS something to do outside which is why I love it. Our winter last a total of two weeks if you add up all the days that it's colder than 60 degrees =D.

Edit: Thought I was in a different thread, deleted last part..

hurricans, gators, swamps, misquitos, high cost of living, jeb bush (jeb??????) oh and did i mention hurricans

I wasn't calling you a man whore, I was speaking on my personal experience having lived there for about 8 yrs. But..... . I don't know you and it's not my place to judge, but I can admit to being one. What can I say Vegas has that affect on people
no, no. it's ok. you're right. i'm a man whore.

hurricans, gators, swamps, misquitos, high cost of living, jeb bush (jeb??????) oh and did i mention hurricans
are those like hurricanes?

man, last time i was in miami we went fishing in the keys.. drove through the everglades and there were these flys... fucking HUGE flies. When they flew by you it sounded like 10 bees buzzing and these fuckers were big. Ping pong ball size, i swear. Im not too sure about misquitos, but watch out for dem derr mosquitos!!

I actually liked Florida. But only in the winter time

I was the only fool renting a canoe to hit the swamp in 70 degree weather. Driving around with the AC on and shit. I love being from out of town.

My ex, who was from Florida, required an anorak when the temps hit 65.

I love your use of the word anorak. Makes me feel foreign in my own country.

Dude. Days like today make me love washington.

Quit your bitching about the weather. I live in BELLINGHAM. It rains sooooo much here its ridiculous. And guess what? I work in the rain. EVERY DAY. RAIN SLEET SNOW. THen the summer comes, and don't give a shit about the rest of the year. Perfect summers, springs, and fall. I love it to death for those months.

The rest, I'm depressed. I have SAD like a mofo, and my trip to Cali, didn't help when I got back and saw the forecast later this week with rain.

TOUGH IT. The summer will come, and be all perfect 75-85, and you'll be like damn this is nice. And bikes are only cool for a couple days a week. Otherwise, I don't know about you, but the miles rack up and well its not as special as it was in the beginning. I'm a weekend warrior for the most part. I ride on the weekends, and during the week its business, unless I'm working weekends(which isn't un heard of).

Have you looked into moving to the Tri Cities / Walla Walla area? I'm not sure what the cost on housing is, but the winter is pretty much nil. I cant remember the last time there was snow for Christmas down south. Spokane has shitty winters but this year was real weak.

I went down to Arizona in December. It was my second time there. The first time i was in tucson for 3 weeks. The last time was on a 4 day, weekend of debauchery with some friends from high school. Right now i live in washington state and work in Seattle. I make $70k a year. But I'm going crazy here.. I will work in an office so the heat wont be an issue.

Reasons to Stay:
I have a decent Job
I have a 13 year old sister 2 hours away
i like snowboarding

Reasons to move:
I hate the rain. I want to ride my motorcycle year around, golf, do outdoors shit i can't do here.
Housing is extremely cheap there.
The women are amazing there. i'm a man whore and love the blonde hair white girls.
I can get a job just as good in phoenix.
it would be a fresh start and get away from all the bullshit and drama i have had here. (not running from problems, fresh starts are nice though)
housing...3 bed 2 bath in Surprise with Pool
this is just what i found on a quick search.
the traffic and commuting sucks ass here.

I would move down there and work for a year or so and probably go back to school to get my M.B.A. I'm single. I don't have any kids. no other obligation. I would probably move in december though after the summer here. so in like 6 months or so i would move after i saved up a bunch of money.

what do you guys think???

I say move to AZ, just another person I can see on my many trips up there :D

Back