so... i'm thinking about...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StarBellieAngel

getting a dog.

anyone have any suggestions? here's the criteria. there's a 3 year old in the house, it has to be small, and well, shouldn't be overly energetic.

i was looking into getting a schipperke, however, i can't find any locally. everyone around here likes pitbulls n big ass dogs... which i LOVE too, and had to get rid of diamond (sadness goes here... i miss her so much) but we can't have a dog like her here. but i digress.

suggestions?

how a about a dick dog? Dachshound

face it, you'll be a slave to a DOG...

i like dogs and all, but will only get one after i get a house with land
we always had dogs growing up and never leashed em unless it was deer season...

hunters don't like dogs...
they put bullets in my dog... COCKSUCKERS

hey how about one of them dogs like the 'wishbone' show.
cant remember the name

they put bullets in my dog... COCKSUCKERS
[post=455295]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Yeah they poisoned my male geman shepard and stole my female. :angry:
that was awhile back ago though. Now i have 2 males and 1 female. Now that we have our own yard and it being fenced off and all.

also look for a breed that has little or no history of any problems.

i.e. dacshaunds tend to have back problem, chihuahuas have eye problems. make sure you do your research well cause its not fair to buy the dog only to give away down the road

get an Akita, they are very possessive, if they know you they love you, if they dont your fucked
my aunt has 2 of them, i cant even look at them without pissing them off but they are as gentle as kittens when my aunt is near

cortina-akita-34.4.jpg

i dont know who that guy is, good pic of the dog though

werd on the pug.

fucking useless for "dog" stuff like fetching... practically a cat :D

if you want a dog that is small, yet acts like a large dog, I suggest a pembroke welsch corgi, I'll post some pictures of mine when I get home.

I've got two of them one is a female the other male

Minnie she's 2 years old now full grown about 26Lbs, and proably stands about 12-15" from the ground to her back, great with children, been around my nephew since he was born. she's really smart knows all my tricks to get her to come inside as she loves just laying out in the lawn and 2 feet of snow. Loves car rides, needs to be kept on leash at all times as she was trained one if not she like to wander and explore. She's playful if you want her to be and just chills out as well. I tough her in to nights not to chase the 3 cats we have.

Mason the male is about 5-6 months old, still needs to be trained a little better. very laid back, shy, stays right next to you off leash, learns very quickly, seems to be fine around youngins'

that's my .03
very similar

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Feb 2 2005, 03:26 PM
they suck with kids...
[post=455293]Quoted post[/post]​

My daughter and my sausage dog get along really well. Granted that the lil weiner is a bit energetic but otherwise they both get along well in a 2 bedroom downtown apartment.

Best of all, the dog is litter trained. No shit. Litter trained.

http://www.doglitter.com/

Originally posted by Taco15@Feb 2 2005, 01:28 PM
hey how about one of them dogs like the 'wishbone' show.
cant remember the name
[post=455298]Quoted post[/post]​

Jack Russell Terrier.

They have to be trained VERY well practically from birth otherwise they are generally disobedient and crazy.

Welsh Corgis = teh w00t. pics!

dont get a small dog. they are annoying as hell and all they do is fucking yap all the damn time. if you want a dog thats going to be good with kids, get a labrador or a golden retriever. either type of dog is kid friendly.

DO NOT get a pomeranian. They DO NOT shut up! TRUST ME. I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE.. You'll want to bust out the chloroform within a week.

Jack Russell Terrier.

nomination for the worst suggestion EVER in the history of the whole universe...

those things are complete time bombs, ever if they are trained...
you pet it the wrong way and it'll lock onto your wrist...
i had one that went ape shit over a ball, put the ball away and the fucker locked onto my wrist, just dangling there swinging around... i was about to stab it with a bowie knife when the fucker ran under the bed, then i got the 12gauge but my old man wasn't having a hole in his house...

little fuckers, kill em all

on a serious note, small dogs...
my boss has to little scottys and they are pretty chill, one was a rescue so if you touch her food she'll get all nasty, but she doesn't bite or anything

the newest addition to my office life is my bosses Bijon Frise, i personally don;t like any of them cause they make noise and piss on my tires, but the bijon has hair instead of fur, they are hypoallergenic and they say a good way to give your kids allergies is to expose them to the allergin, but these are completely allergy free for the kiddies, he's not mean or anything,a little noisy but otherwise just a regular dog

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Feb 2 2005, 05:10 PM
DO NOT get a pomeranian. They DO NOT shut up! TRUST ME. I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE.. You'll want to bust out the chloroform within a week.
[post=455367]Quoted post[/post]​

You can always get a Basenji... they do not bark.

Back