so... i'm thinking about...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

breeders schmeeders... i just want a pet. not a 'show' dog. i don't have 500 bucks to pay for a dog. lol

i'm in san jose...

my girls said shitzoos are pretty good with kids. as long as you dont mind grooming every once in a while(shes a vet. tech ).
I would personally go to the pound and pick a young dog in need of a good home thats still able to be trained.

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Feb 2 2005, 10:52 PM
breeders schmeeders... i just want a pet. not a 'show' dog. i don't have 500 bucks to pay for a dog. lol

i'm in san jose...
[post=455529]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm in connecticut and these are the typical prices your looking at for a corgi might be differnt in your neck of the woods.

lol, I bought Minnie from a breeder she was $800, she wasn't 100% show quality so I got a reduced price from $1500 for a female. A male would probably be closer to $500 if he's not 100% fit for show.

look around at pet stores your bound to find one.

The corgi is often called the queens dog as the Queen of England owns one.

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Feb 2 2005, 06:04 PM
ok. let me spell it out.

U N D E R T W E N T Y P O U N D S!!!!111ONE11!!
[post=455431]Quoted post[/post]​

Italian Greyhound

15 pounds max (ours is 20 and he's WAY oversized)
Not yappy at all (real barks)
Relatively quiet
"Lap Dog"
Hyper only in short spurts, calm most of the time (get a female)
Very much an indoor pet

matteo_med_01.jpg

matteo_med_02.jpg

matteo_med_03.jpg

matteo_med_04.jpg

matteo_med_05.jpg

matteo_med_06.jpg

matteo_med_07.jpg

matteo_med_08.jpg

matteo_med_09.jpg

matteo_med_10.jpg

I didn't read alot of it, I've had i dunno 4-5 dashunds, 2-3 minature dashunds. Most of them did end up with back problems and had the most annoying bark, they're good dogs though, most of the ones I had or my grandparents had lived 10-15 years.

I like the italian greyhound, that's the kind of dog I am defenitly getting. Now this is gonna change my apartment search.

Oh, completely off topic and not towards me, but my name is easy to remember...Bryan, just like 20-30 other people on here.

I have a pembrooke welsh corghi too. He is the most awesome dog ever. He has THE most unique personality for a dog I have ever seen. And he is very laid back and chill unless you wanna play. And if you don't want to play and he does, he'll go off and play by himself somewhere. Perfect dogs for kids, they can tell the difference between toddlers and adults.

And he was only $350 from a kennel at like 3 weeks old.

Blanco- i've had dogs my whole life, and they've always been big ones. i know they need training, and i know about the puppy mill business. i really appreciate you spreading the awareness. :) especially as a previous owner of an american staffordshire. :) :) they are great animals... all dogs are, and with the right amount of food, excercise, care, and love, they're a wonderful addition to the family. we know we have to take on a big responsibility, and we always have known what we're in store for with a puppy, and we're not really going to get a puppy if we can. i'd like a dog who's a little bit older, say a couple years or so. (basically something housetrained already, but still able to adjust to a new owner.) we thought of 'rescuing' one from a shelter. i'd love to have a bigger dog, but where we are, we just don't have room, and i can't deal with a cat. i just can't. they aren't like dogs... cats are too independent... and too much like women for me to coexist with them.

matteo_med_08.jpg

Now those are some big-ass paws!

I've got a shorthaired Chihuahua/Carin Terrier mix. She's a little bigger than a Chihuahua, maybe 5 lbs compared to 2-3 lbs, and defenitly minus the annoying bark. She's so cute! I have 3 younger siblings and she gets along with all of them very well. Never once in 4-5 has she nipped or snapped at anyone. :thumbsup:

PS. I'll post some pics when I get back to my home PC.

Back