so !@#$ing pissed part 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shortbusrebel07

well the H22 swap is finished, but it wont start. the starter makes a loud buzzing noise and there was smoke comming from the ground wire on the driverside engine mount to the fenderwell. also the headlights dont come on and the driverside blinkers, both front and back, dont even light up. this car has been nothing but a pain in my ass so please help so i can get it the fuck out of my garage.

It took 3 months to do it as well. You shouldnt have gotten rid of the USDM H22 harness.

What starter is it? the USDM or the JDM one? Either way it could be fried. check to ensure the wires are securred and not loose. Double check the wires at the firewall that Joel and I soldered up. There may have been a bad connection or maybe even a crossed wire or 12.
Smoke check all bolts to see if they are tight.
You should have double checked all the wiring connections. With some sort of reference, besides going on hearsay.
The Blinker situation... WTF. These should have even been effected by the swap. youre on your own. Check the connections... does it blink inside the car?

Good Luck.

It sounds like a bad grounding problem to me. I would first and foremost double check all of your engine and battery grounds, then go over the harness. The chassis and the engine should have remained seperate during the wiring process, so I doubt that you would have fucked up that badly on both.

There should be a ground from the battery ground cable to the transmission, one to the drivers side mount from the chassis, and at least one ground from the battery to the chassis. You can't have too many grounds.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Nov 17 2004, 09:54 PM
It took 3 months to do it as well. You shouldnt have gotten rid of the USDM H22 harness.

What starter is it? the USDM or the JDM one? Either way it could be fried. check to ensure the wires are securred and not loose. Double check the wires at the firewall that Joel and I soldered up. There may have been a bad connection or maybe even a crossed wire or 12.
Smoke check all bolts to see if they are tight.
You should have double checked all the wiring connections. With some sort of reference, besides going on hearsay.
The Blinker situation... WTF. These should have even been effected by the swap. youre on your own. Check the connections... does it blink inside the car?

Good Luck.
[post=418510]Quoted post[/post]​

first off brian you know that Joel and I didnt have very many times to work on it, second it was an H23. if it was an H22 why would Joel and I have done this in the first place? its the JDM starter we didnt take anything off the motor or replace it. and we didnt go on "hearsay" we checked the bolts all of them were tight, it still smoked. everything is securred.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Nov 18 2004, 07:28 PM
Instead of sitting inside reading about the elledged new Civic (thats in fact a Puegot 206) you should be outside in your garage working on the Prelude.
[post=]Quoted post[/post]​

well, the reason I was on the internet was because the starter that came on the engine was shot to shit. honda or most any other parts store was closed, and plus the kid couldnt get a new one by tonight. since the starter is the last thing we have to do, we had nothing to work on.

lets stop this stupid bickering on this thread, if something still doesnt go right we may still need the thread for actual info. pm each other or something if you insist on arguing.

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4@Nov 18 2004, 11:20 PM
lets stop this stupid bickering on this thread, if something still doesnt go right we may still need the thread for actual info. pm each other or something if you insist on arguing.
[post=419054]Quoted post[/post]​

That's a Mod-worthy quote. :D

Your worthless posts have been pruned out of this thread. Warnings will follow if the arguing doesn't stop.

we tried to start the car tonight, and it getting fuel but no spark. we checked the resistor box and the yellow w/black strip has 10 volt. we couldnt get the others to read anything, but our volt meter is acting wierd. we also replaced the plugs, so we know its not that. all the grounds seem to be fine (no smoke).

the battey is charged but the headlight still wont come on. does anyone have a clue what to try on that issue? if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

sometimes, the most simple answer is what you overlook. Your battery cables could be making a bad connection. Clean your terminals, and your ground connections. I won't say that's it, but it's happened to me before.

How do you know the battery has a good charge? I'd have it tested, or switch it with a known good battery just to try.

Well, I still maintain, as does Brian 11 to 1, that the headlights and swap situation should have remained seperate. The engine harness doesn't even involve the headlight circuit. I would concentrate your search around the battery, cables, and grounds.

A battery can show 12 volts, and have almost no cranking power. A good tester will show you how many CA, or CCA that the battery will pull.

ok brian11to1 is right about the battery. i'm a second asstant advance auto parts i've delt with alot of batteries in the last 2 years. to many really. lol
is the car trying to start? or is it totaly dead? if its totaly dead check the fuse for the battery.

u said you werent getting any fire. what about your wires, cap, rottor button, coil, module, distributor? check for cracks and rust on the cap and button. maybe i'm wrong but he said it wasnt getting any spark. so....

Originally posted by shortbusrebel07@Nov 21 2004, 11:06 PM
its trying to fire but it wont we changed the plugs and wires, and the distributor doesnt have any signs of faliure.
[post=420214]Quoted post[/post]​

rottor button, coil, module?

isnt there a fuse for the ignition system? sounds like you may have a bunch of fuses blown sice lights aren't working and so on.

Distributors dont show signs of failure. (Likes Joel's did that night out by KCSR and mine) They just go out. Is it possible the car is not in time. Like Cam timing. It is very possible the car jumped timing.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Nov 21 2004, 09:26 PM
Distributors dont show signs of failure. (Likes Joel's did that night out by KCSR and mine) They just go out. Is it possible the car is not in time. Like Cam timing. It is very possible the car jumped timing.
[post=420223]Quoted post[/post]​

Not true. I once had problems with firing, and it turned out to be the spring inside the cap had started to fail. It ran well while cold, but after warming up, the metal in the spring would become more pliable, and would cause the car to run poorly because the contacts weren't lining up properly.

I would still check ur battery, it might have 12 volts, but it might not have enough amperage. Check all of your battery cables, especially grounds. I just had a problem on my truck where it wouldnt start, so I cleaned all the connections, and installed a new ground wire, and it fired right up...

Back