so is it true there is some awd jdm teg/civic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stmotorsports

Did a search & didn't find anything on this, but alot of people I've talked to say there is supposedly some rare '92+ ish AWD JDM teg or ctr or something...

does anyone know if this is true? I think it's bs but I hope I'm wrong... :p

in a magazine a couple of months back, they were going to build an awd integra type r. The transmission was from some European integra, or some version of the integra that was the early 90's if I recall right. It was one of the knockoff magazines, but I can't remember which. They were going to put it into a integra type r though, that part I do remember.

a friend of mine knows the guy who wrote the article, I meet him twice. Super nice guy, think his name is bryce or something like that but he basically put the crv AWD system on an older integra, it's actually only 3 wheel drive from the open diff.

Here is a link for the honda civic Ferio

It looks hella cool, it has some cool dash extras as well as a rear window wiper !!!

It also looks to have some kind of knobs/buttons on shift console too !!! Not sure what they are for, anybody know more about these ?

Slammed is right, but that link sucked, so here....

another lifesized pic...

s401df6eb2712a.jpg

There is a lesser model called the RXT, that is just lacking some features. And the project was in Hondatuning, they used a B20 and CRV tranny to make a LS 4wd, work, not real well it's in the new issiue.

Yeah a buddy of mine went to japan to visit his brother an they rented one of these...he said it'd be a fun build if they came with a b-series.

civic wagon is uber weak...

only 10% of the power goes to the rear wheels...
but i'd pimp one for the winter...

and damn, that AWD is fucking hot, wish i could get one brought over to the states... something to fucking build to stop the shit out of the DSM fucks...

and did anyone else notice the 1991 and 92 D13B...???

hmmm never heard of a D13... what kinda numbers does that push?
i wonder if it was a fast AWD car, or just another grocery getter from honda...

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 3 2004, 10:35 AM
D13B's here in Germany are something like 60 Hp carburated underlings.

wow... there actually IS something weaker than a cx...
:blink:

i was hoping that Honda actually made a fulltime AWD system that got put in something, not just the 'realtime' 4wd setup in the CRV/Element/Ferios/etc...

I thought of trying something out of the older awd wagons but I'm pretty sure they only came with d motors unless there was a Euro/JDM version of those that came with B- motors or somethin...?

just thought it would be sick to have a fulltime awd turbo teg- motored civic EX :D :D
sweeet

Hmm, I knew what the Ferio was, but I didn't know it was AWD....interesting.

Originally posted by Krazy4379@Feb 2 2004, 02:16 AM
Yeah a buddy of mine went to japan to visit his brother an they rented one of these...he said it'd be a fun build if they came with a b-series.

the ad says 1.6 dohc.

so its most likely a b16 in there...

Ok i know for sure.
There is an AWD Civic Sedan, it has a 125hp SOHC VTec.
It got something like a visco clutch that only enganges and drives the back wheels when the front wheels already lost traction.
And no, the Ferio doesnt have AWD. I own a EG9 (B16A2), there is no awd and i should have noticed it. :D
But actually there is space for a drivetrain in the back, i wanna find out if a C-RV Tranny would fit.

btw: anyone got pictures of the awd system from a c-rv?

EDIT: I see the "Civic 1,6 RTSi 4WD" is an EH1

search on honda-tech, i saw an article the other day, some one made a awd integra its a dark grey color last i saw has slips on it, his got an ls in it now but has a built b20/vtec on the side if i remember, theres also a rear motor h22 turbo sol, if you ask me i'd rather have the sol though, its pointless awd if its 90:10 like the crv drivetrain

Back