So it begins...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

I was cruising ebay today looking for replacement doodads for my EF, when I found myself staring at a set of the TYC taillights. I think to myself, "Those are pretty cool lookin'. I bet they'd look really good with the snap-on covers painted white to match the car."

So it begins, folks. The ricer backslide. I really am fond of the taillights, and they're not that much money...

:hmm:

ehh who gives a shit what others think of what you do to your car...its your car do what ya want. btw, did i ever show ya pics of my old EF?

I think I've seen some. That was the one with the weird lookin' wing and the primer gray paint, huh?

if you can't sleep with it or race with it, it just isn't worth having. if you sleep with tail lights, you have issues. if you race with taillights, you have issues.

Pope- yeah it does have to be pretty ugly for me to hate it. im pretty leanient (sp?) on stuff, but those tail lights are ugly. but then again its your car so if you wanna get them, then cool.

formby- i sold it like 5 years ago for $2k. i miss that car :cry:

Quoted post[/post]]
if you can't sleep with it or race with it, it just isn't worth having. if you sleep with tail lights, you have issues. if you race with taillights, you have issues.

So it's a bad idea to use rear-mounted lamps that inform other drivers that you're braking? :p

I'm really seriously looking at the JDM front end though. It's a little better looking than the stock front end. Plus, I need to replace my core support at some point anyway... :hmm:

you kicked yourself in the ass last time for ricing out your car and making it slow.

YOURE DOING IT AGAIN.

IMO, first mod for that 4 speed ef, is a 5 speed crx si tranny swap.

yuo'll gain a butt load of acceleration for a couple hundred bucks.

skip the tails...

I don't think they're too bad, but defenitly not worth 100 bucks. If they were a 1/4 of that then it'd be worth at least contemplating putting on a vehicle.

Quoted post[/post]]
you kicked yourself in the ass last time for ricing out your car and making it slow.

YOURE DOING IT AGAIN.

IMO, first mod for that 4 speed ef, is a 5 speed crx si tranny swap.

yuo'll gain a butt load of acceleration for a couple hundred bucks.

See, this one I don't CARE if it's slow. The 4-speed works. I'm keeping it.

I mainly posted this as a joke anyway :p

I am toying with the idea of the JDM front end, but only once I actually get around to thinking about the core support replacement.

Shocks + springs + wheels + tires = that's all for now.

A few points:

Those taillights aren't that bad. I don't think it will look right with the white car though.

I miss clear taillights. That said, I will be WINDOW TINTING My tails as soon as I get around to it (The black center trim I think inspired me). I will also be adding round fog lights, with angel rings, for reverse lights (And maybe changing the colors on the Angel ring, not sure yet - it's still half-baked)

I have a Feels wing in my basement. It's not worth the shipping.

For "body kit" I'm going with the garden edging. It worked wonders in the CRX. I need a lower lip for the rear bumper, and maybe a poly-plastic side trim. Something real sublime. Lemme know if you know the name of the style

The Trans: The 4 speed trans is the 91 HF trans without a top gear. That said, it's 4th gear is 100 rpm LOWER than the Si trans 5th gear. I can show you this. Each time you shift, the RPMS drop about 2000 rpm. Which means that you have to wind the stuffing out of it to make the next power band. If you learn that, then the 4 speed does just fine. I wouldn't trade it for the Si trans.

Also, You're doing it again :)

I wouldn't do this to a white car. I think the aftermarket lights will look like open sores on the back of the car. Clears, paint the lens red from yellow, or smoke them. Clears up front will complete that look.

If the car were black, or even blue (Although not my opinion) then these would look good, but I would say no.

Back