So it begins...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

big deal. snow is fun! :)

hey im gettin ready to leave soon, gimme a call when you can.

Snow is sucky, Now we cant even test out the feel of the V-TAAAAAK

Welp (sorry Brian), hit something of a roadblock - which will hopefully be remedied tomorow.
Turns out a B7 dizzy cannot be made to work with a Z6 head. EVER.

Ordering a new one tomorow, and with luck - the car will turn right over.
Everything else went fine - Chris did an awsome job with the wiring and the troubleshooting. Joe also helped fabricate a nice intake setup, along with my DIY-catchcan.

More pics tomorow when I get the new dizzy.

i got it in mahh celll phoooone.

yeah, who knew the distributors fired so differently? :p

ill still bring the compression tester anyways. cant ever be too sure :wink:

Yeah, frigging Honda decides to put the most expensive dizzy on my Z6 head. Aw well. Comes with a 5 year warranty.

Your car is fucking stupid. . . It has compression, fule, air, and spark, but no starty starty. . . No beans yo, WTF!!!!

Officially threw in the towel today. Gonna have an SAE/Honda mechanic look at it - if he cant fix this shit, I'm buying myself a B18C1.

Fuck my coupe.

Im starting to think you have either the crank or the cam on the wrong stroke, ex. crank is on the exhaust stroke and the cam is on the intake stroke. . .

Quoted post[/post]]
thats nearly impossible by lining up the marks.

also hes got good compression, so yeah.

how is that impossible? because one rotation of the cranck dose not bring it back to TDC for the exhaust stroke to intake stroke. its 2 full rotations to acheive that. . . SO YEAH

ahhh yeah.

forgot about that. my bad :)

but even so, wouldnt he have a loss of compression across the board when the assembly is rotated?

I don't think my timing is that off - but if it is, I suppose it could be the culprit. I have my money on a small overlap, causing something to f'ed up in the intake/exhaust stroke.

Oh well, SAE mechanic should be looking over it tonight. Hopefully some answers tomorow.

This D-series ninja will see the light of day!

Well, Tony - the mechanic got the car to start. The timing gear was off by 5 FUCKING TEETH. He adjusted the timing and spark and took it for a jaunt around the block. Went into vtec, cycled fine - and ran smooth.

Until my MSD Blaster SS coil shit itself. Apparent the car started to ping, and then died. Coil was really hot, and smoking. Not good. Hopefully the dizzy itself is in good condition, and I can just get another Blaster coil.
I'm starting to think that it was some shoddy wiring that did the coil in. Additionally, I can't swap the old coil back into the new dizzy and run an internal coil - due to the fact that the old internal coil, instead of being taken out had it's firing post knocked off by a hammer. All the help by my friends was much appreciated, but the smacktard who hammered off the post of my $250 distributor deserves a bat to the head.

Chris? Hosmer? Any one know where I can get an internal coil cheap? I'm talking like $10 cheap?

Quoted post[/post]]
due to the fact that the old internal coil, instead of being taken out had it's firing post knocked off by a hammer. All the help by my friends was much appreciated, but the smacktard who hammered off the post of my $250 distributor deserves a bat to the head.

well that "Smacktard" was me. . . . do something about it, I dont think you will. . . Im sowwy!!! :p

Well see you tonight, better have the car and coil. . .

Back