So...I've been busy. Wanted some advise?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Aleaf.CRX

Well, I've been busy with the doctor and such. Turns out I'm getting surgery on the 29th for a breast lump biopsy...thing (breast cancer runs in family). And I found out today that I have to get another examination I was supposed to get like 6 months ago for cervical cancer. That last one is the one I'm worried about.

My doctor told me he suspects I might have some kind of uteran/ cervical cancer. He says it's because the first test he did showed pre-cancerous cells. If it was a hormonal thing, the second test would've been normal, but it came back with pre-cancerous cells as well.

So, I was wondering, although many of you are guys, has anyone had a wife or girlfriend with cervical/ uteran cancer? What all goes on with that, and how much needs to be done to get rid of it? I'm assuming since they found only the pre-cancerous cells and it's only been half a year, it wouldn't have progressed far.

Any advise???

my mom had both,they cut the cells out and she goes bac every now and ten to get iit checked..i dont think you should worr much,,but goodluck

my mom had both,they cut the cells out and she goes bac every now and ten to get iit checked..i dont think you should worr much,,but goodluck
A girl I use to hook up with had it before I met her. This is basically how she described it to me as well. She's still fine. Good luck.

Damn.

Sorry to hear you have to go through all of that. Good job getting checked out regularly though. The earlier they catch it the better. I guess you know that already. Stay strong, keep us updated!!

That's too bad to hear. But I believe they caught it early and you should be alright.

My girlfriend's mom had cervical cancer real badly(they found it real late) before she gave birth to shannon(gf).

It'll be in my prayers if that matters.

Hopefully everything goes well. Did the doc say it was caused by HPV?

it's pretty common, actually.

they pretty much just go in and 'scrape' away the bad cells, and you're usually good. they just watch you closer on re-check-ups.

Best of luck with everything. Be sure to keep us informed...

is drunk but probably right.
my aunt had it and its been about that way. they just have her go in every 6 months to a year.

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be too bad. What my doctor said they have to do is a biopsy, he basically described as me going in and them ripping a chunk of my cervix out. I almost shit myself when he said the exam takes like 20 minutes....

But thanks guys.

Are there any other forms of it? Where they can't just go in a take the cells out? I mean, it sounds pretty simple when you guys decsribed it, but my doctor made it sound like a dire situation or something. Lol, I actually asked for some help with something else and he said he'd send in a referral when I went in for my cervical exam.

Okay, yeah, that's what I figured. And since it's only been the pre-cancerous cells so far, I guess there's really nothing to worry about....Does anyone think that the breast lump situation/surgery and the cervical thing might be related somehow? My doctor says no...but it's just so weird I get there two and some other weird illnesses all at once. And I do smoke (quitting after my last three are gone), so I was just wondering....

colposcopy - the inside of your vag on closed circuit tv. as for decreasing your chances of continued precancerous/cancerous growths, changes to your diet and lifestyle will help. apparently tumeric and sauerkraut are stupendous at fighting cancerous growth (tumeric acts as an anti-inflammatory and pickled/fermented cabbage rocks the breast cancer).

check out "Anticancer: A New Way of Life," by David Servan-Schreiber.

Last edited:
Dammit!! I couldn't remember the word for that. Okay, yeah....sauerkraut....I'm gonna need to plug my nose for that one I guess. What's tumeric? I'd look it up, but the library's internest sucks.

tumeric is an indian spice - yellow stuff they use in a lot of dishes and in curries. the reason you want tumeric: it's a source of curcumin. this is the stuff that is known for its antitumor, antioxidant, antiarthritic, anti-ischemic and anti-inflammatory properties.

you buy tumeric in powder form at an indian food market and then add it to pretty much everything. it's fragrant, not too flavorful. add it to rice (makes it yellow), fruit smoothies (makes those yellow too), and anydamnthing else.

sidenotes: indians (from india) have a lower incidence of cancer overall, they think it is tied to diet (tumeric). same goes for koreans (pickled cabbage).

nom.

I love cabbage. Just not sauerkraut. I've never tried tumeric before...I don't think. Sigh. Guess I'll have to find a job so I can afford some new food lol.

With the breast issue, I'm not too worried about it. I have fibrocystic breast tissue and combined with my age, that all adds up to about a 1% chance of breast cancer. More than likely it's caused by my caffeine intake or my breast tissue type. No biggy there. I just have to go in and get it removed, then examined.

But I'll try looking up some more foods when I get the chance. And buying some when I get the money lol. I gotta worry about my apartment first.

Back