So...I've been busy. Wanted some advise?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tumeric is an indian spice - yellow stuff they use in a lot of dishes and in curries. the reason you want tumeric: it's a source of curcumin. this is the stuff that is known for its antitumor, antioxidant, antiarthritic, anti-ischemic and anti-inflammatory properties.

you buy tumeric in powder form at an indian food market and then add it to pretty much everything. it's fragrant, not too flavorful. add it to rice (makes it yellow), fruit smoothies (makes those yellow too), and anydamnthing else.

sidenotes: indians (from india) have a lower incidence of cancer overall, they think it is tied to diet (tumeric). same goes for koreans (pickled cabbage).

nom.

Tumeric is awesome. On persian (jasmine) rice and stuff they use hella butter and tumeric. Makes it great.

Well, I've been busy with the doctor and such. Turns out I'm getting surgery on the 29th for a breast lump biopsy...thing (breast cancer runs in family). And I found out today that I have to get another examination I was supposed to get like 6 months ago for cervical cancer. That last one is the one I'm worried about.

Most recent ex girlfriend had fibrocystic breast tissue. She underwent multiple biopsies and requires more frequent check ups. She was scared to death as a family member had died of breast cancer and she had already made the decision that should there be anymore problems with her breasts that she would have a mastectomy.

My doctor told me he suspects I might have some kind of uteran/ cervical cancer. He says it's because the first test he did showed pre-cancerous cells. If it was a hormonal thing, the second test would've been normal, but it came back with pre-cancerous cells as well.

Depending on the statistics you believe, about 65% of women between the ages of 16-23 have a strain of HPV. This new wave has been called an epidemic and rightfully so. Currently there are no tests for male carriers.

I mention this because there are two or three strands of HPV that are considered very high risk because they are often precursors to cervical cancer.

Cue ex-girlfriend from a long time ago and most recent ex-girlfriend. The first one had three surgeries to remove lesions from her cervix. The first two treaments were cryo treatment that were unsuccessful, the third one was a laser/scapel extraction on her cervix. End result is that the doctors were a bit overzealous and she may not have needed all of those surgeries, especially considering there are much better methods currently. Now she has quite a bit of scar tissue on her cervix resulting in a pretty unfulfilling sex life due to the pain and potential complications should she choose to give birth (the cervix is a muscle and is weakened by the surgeries).

So, I was wondering, although many of you are guys, has anyone had a wife or girlfriend with cervical/ uteran cancer? What all goes on with that, and how much needs to be done to get rid of it? I'm assuming since they found only the pre-cancerous cells and it's only been half a year, it wouldn't have progressed far.

Any advise???
Most of the time the situation really amounts to nothing, but you have to be very careful and conduct routine check ups to insure that you are healthy. Both situations are very stressful and difficult to cope with - in fact I blame much of my break up with the recent ex due to the stress of the potential breast cancer driving her into her own lonely place in the world.

My advice would be to keep your chin up and keep a positive mindset throughout the entire process. You will be healthier in the end if you stay positive and are proactive in your health care.

Thats my .02 cents and experience thus far.

You caught it early, you will be ok, regular check ups are good.

And how come you dont text me anymore? My LG shine has been sent in, damn sound quit working on it, however i have my old phone until its ready, same number and all. Just have to remind me who you are since my contacts are not on it.

^^^
Yeah...about a week ago considering my phone's been off. And Troy, when I text you, you just stop talking lol. That's why I don't. Same with you Steven, sometimes, anyway. And Justin, lol, I just kinda forget. You Canadians aren't aggressive enough, though.

Anyway, breast cancer runs thick on both sides of my family. I'm just lucky enough to have gotten the fibrocystic breast tissue along with my great aunt...sigh. I think my mom might have the same. My grandma (mom's mom) does not, however. My dad's real mother died of breast cancer, I believe when she was around her 40's or 50's. I wouldn't be so worried if my family wasn't a boob cancer magnet.
I'm not sure if cervical cancer runs in the family, or if it's got a genetic disposition at all. I think, on my dad's side again, his grandma might've died from it. Someone older. I don't know, I'll have to ask.

Aggressive? Lol when your texting me im also at work, so i cant exactly be making aggressive in-depth texts. You forget about me :(. I figured i would be easier to remember since im a couple thousand KILOMETRES away Ha!

Lol, I only forgot cuz I don't talk to you very often. But I have texted you first. You'll be fine ;) Anyway, yeah, my phone's off until I can get some money I guess. So.......it might be a while.

Yeah, it got all finished up, finally (being at the shop for about a week and a half). So, I'm good to go there. Thanks for asking lol.

i was curios cuz i remember the thing with the dude and you needed tools and stuff.. :clapping: hell yes the rex is on the road again!

Rims are too big. Wheels are too wide. Simple lol. I hate those rims. They make driving so uncomfortable.

Okay, update, cuz I forgot and I've been busy....Sigh.

So, the lump wasn't cancerous. So, I'm all good to go.

good shit!!!my bad on the im thing earlier today

Back