so ive been toying with the idea of making my fit rwd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kelsodeez

i have been thinking about it alot lately. put an F20C into the fit, have a custom rear end/driveshaft made and convert it to independent rear suspension. i priced out the custom rear end and it wasnt that expensive. less than 1k. so i think i am going to do it when the crx is finished. what do you guys think? will it turn into a never ending project that has nothing but problems or will it turn out to be the most epic honda ever built? talk me in/out of it.

I've got a feeling that it would start out great but then be nothing but problems down the road. there wouldn't be much of a resale value to it besides other car guys. and even then I don't even think it would be to great. Sure it would be a fun show car, but it wouldn't really have much of a function you know? and seeing you live in CA I'm sure you would get hassled like no body's bussiness. and what about emissions and all that jazz. in the end it is your choice but I don't think it would be a good idea

with emissions, as long as the engine doesnt come from a truck and the engine is of the same year or newer, then it will be able to be bar'd and smogged. it would primarily be a show car but it would also be functional. of course the resale value wont reflect the time/money/effort i put into it, but i dont think any realistic automotive enthusiast expects it to. the only problems i can really forsee are structural problems being that the fit has an integrated frame and electrical problems because post obd2 cars arent exactly interchangeable.

screw it, go balls out and do a blown 302 swap and do a wheel stand!

haha f that. gotta keep it in the honda family. and if i did do a larger displacement engine, id do a v6 nsx engine but i am not making my fit mid engine hahaha.

i think it'd be suh-weet! it would have some problems but think... drifting fit. lol

the short wheel base of the fit will make it a horrible RWD car. it will just be so twitchy... constantly spin out with any power applied.

plus, you live in cali. so unless a truck and a trailer are in your budget, forget about it.

the short wheel base of the fit will make it a horrible RWD car. it will just be so twitchy... constantly spin out with any power applied.

plus, you live in cali. so unless a truck and a trailer are in your budget, forget about it.

the fits wheelbase is only 5 1/2 inches longer than a lotus elise. granted, the elise has a shitload mre weight in the rear, i would just try to make the suspension as neutral as possible.
there are ways around the cali bs. it just takes alot of paperwork and more money. the only thing i could see being a problem is trying to get it bar'd, they would have a problem with all the fab work not being done by a certified shop but like i said, there are ways around it.

You will have to hack the shit out of a fit to do this. The body on the Fit is maxed out in terms of interior space provided given the exterior size. Shit like the gas tank is in odd places (under front seats). The rear of the fit is especially compact due to its multi link setup. Plan on a tube chassis so it doesn't fold i half after you cut out all the structural stuff.

I don't think a RWD Fit would be epic...I don't know just doesn't really seem creative or new. More along the lines of the old KP61 Starlet; though I believe the Starlet is much lighter than a Fit stock-for-stock and, IMO, the Starlet just looks much cooler. ;)

Something I thought about doing to my 92 Accord is V8 paired with a Subaru AWD transmission, lifting it up and extending the control arms to mimic a "trophy truck"...pretty much imagine this with a 90-93 Accord coupe shell(yes it's a toy):
cen-magnum.jpg

Back