so James (2000Si) just left for Texas

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:werd:

That would be cool- but I can't make the trip anywhere- too much to prep for coming up.

Got a phone number you can PM to me and/or Wil?

At least you're in New England- if you had to piss a whole state ago and you just crossed Texas, your bladder would have burst already!

Cool. When?
I concur. I'm near Houston myself, about 45 min south.

*Edit: The quoting really doesn't work as well as it used to...

It better be lined in gold and feel like rolling in a million bucks, if I were to travel 16hours.

...if you're picking up my subtle hint, here.

GREETINGS FROM FORT WORTH!

Left 1:50 pm, hit Illinois around 4:30 pm. Hit Missouri around 8ish pm, hit Arkansas around midnightish. Hit the Texas border around 3 am, and pulled into Jamie's driveway just before 7 am yesterday.

*A word from our sponsors*

This post is being brought to you by; State Farm.

Like a Good Neighbor... State Farm is there.

And; Capital One.

What's in your wallet?

*insert all applicable copyright, and trademark symbols here*

Anyway, I'm chillin in my car with the AC goin wasting gas on a Tmobile hotspot in a Starbucks parking lot to update ya'll.

Last night we went to bennigans to get something to eat, where I was buzzing off a few Sam Adams after eating some ribs.

Jamie got picked for Jury duty, so she had to go back in today. :lol:

Now she's at work and I'm sittin north of Fort Worth.

Anyway, kept checking my gas mileage; Worst all highway tank was 30.5, best has been 31.7 mpg so far. This new O2 sensor kicks ass.

Met a few of Jamie's friends, Brandon, Twig and another guy. They're nuts, but seem pretty damn cool.

I have no idea whats in store for tonight once she gets off work, but I've been having fun. Drove through Downtown Ft Worth, around I30, I35W, Texas183 and I820 for a bit today.

I ended up passing out around 3-4 am last night and ended up sleeping in Jamie's bed while she was in the spare bedroom. lol

So anyway, anyone who wants to text me while I'm down here, go for it.

edit out number.

Don't fucking abuse it. I'm on Roam 2, so Unless you TELL ME WHO YOU ARE right off the bat, I won't respond.

I already have been texting with Reiko... who was sitting at a different starbucks with people hatin' his life last night. haha

Last edited:
What about me? :( I called you! :p Glad you're having fun babe!!! Tell Jamie I said hi, ok?

Yes Misti called me too. :)

I will do when she gets back.

It ended up being a 17 hour trip because after drinking 7 cans of Dr Pepper and only stopping for gas and to take a piss, it got lengthy.

My car did great, Saw two state troopers in Illinois, one raced by me to grab a van and one was clocking in the center of 57.

Then I saw one sherriff in Arkansas who tried to be sneaky with instant onning his Ka band shit. Too bad for him I picked him up clocking someone else a mile back. fuggers.

I got a pretty damn good shot of the Sun setting over the mississippi river as I crossed from Ill. to Missouri.

Took a few decent pictures of Downtown Dallas (ABSOLUTELY gorgeous downtown).

texastrip009.jpg

I LOVE my cruise control. :wub:
texastrip011.jpg

Cruise control? I didn't use it once on the way up to WA. Funny though... I have it in the integra and everyone says 'they didn't have cruise in 1990!' Dumbasses.

Pretty pictures!

I can road trip like no other.. I get in a car, and drive until the thing damn near runs out of gas. Stop, fuel up, and hit the road again. Doesn't bother me a bit. I once made a 22 hour drive to las vegas, no stops other than gas.. gambled my ass off, slept 4 hours that night, then drove to Bullhead city, AZ, Palm Beach, CA, then back to vegas, then another 22 hour drive home again. 4 days of driving on 6 hours of sleep. (cought 2 hours in a truck stop)

Another fun one was home to Miami, FL, then to Daytona for bike week, then home. That was over 4k miles in 3 days.

i can drive forever also.. its the gas thing that gets me..

Heres my check in... just got to work a while ago, from jury duty. Ha... plans for tonight...

Choice#1: We'll get trashed & go throw shit off the bridge, after that get a few hookers and to make it exciting tomorrow we can all go to the clinic and get tested for an std.

or...

Choice#2: Have a few then go out and play some pool at Rustys (24hr pool hall) & have a few drinks there too.

havent got much of a chance to do anything fun yet, but it will pick up after tomorrow after I get off work... WoooWooo!!!

Bahahaha... he thinks my friends are crazy & hes only met like 3 of them!

Last edited:
when you said Rusty's i thought you were talking about the pizza place.. maybe they only have them here.. but its the bomb b

We ended up at Pockets Pool Hall last night. lol

I hadn't eaten so I didn't drink anything. Then we wandered around to 3 jack in the box's... one was understaffed, one had their systems go down and the other one was just closed. So, to avoid my usual not-having-eaten migraine, I settled on Steak n Shake.

Hopefully it does pick up tonight. I'm chillen out in my car again. :D

But it's been fun as shit not having to get up and go to work.

Back