so jeffie, how much did you loose today?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Man, this week has been horrible. We have some clients that have lost 4%. Then again they aren't very diversified. This is a killer for the market. I'm really glad i'm not a stock jockey. I deal mostly with high quality mutual funds. But shit, today sucked ass....

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
http://today.reuters.com/investing/finance...S-UPDATE-16.XML

and you all said stocks were it... lol

I lost nothing. I cashed in. :laugh: I'm 100% in cash. outside of my IRA that is. even my IRA I sold off all but 1 stock. the rest are all money markets.

If any stock takes an 8% loss I SELL. thanks to that rule I didnt lose a dime. Im still ahead of where I started.

money markets huh? what are you getting for a return on those? I think we are pulling a 3.98% on ours. not bad for a fancy savings account.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
http://today.reuters.com/investing/finance...S-UPDATE-16.XML

and you all said stocks were it... lol

I lost nothing. I cashed in. :laugh: I'm 100% in cash. outside of my IRA that is. even my IRA I sold off all but 1 stock. the rest are all money markets.

If any stock takes an 8% loss I SELL. thanks to that rule I didnt lose a dime. Im still ahead of where I started.

money markets huh? what are you getting for a return on those? I think we are pulling a 3.98% on ours. not bad for a fancy savings account.

I'd have to look. one year it rocks the next its so so. on avg I have no idea. its my IRA I just kinda leave it be and walk away.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=OS&t=6m&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

My main stock. I bought it 1/24/06 and sold it 2 days ago.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Its time to take some chances and buy when everything is down.

Fuck that.

Anyone else want to try and catch a falling knife?

Its always going back up. :)
most stocks that jump up really high then fall back down will almost never see their old highs. unless they were a very simple slow acting stock.

Well if you're right you should go out and buy tons of stock since you'll make tons of money off it.

Quoted post[/post]]
most stocks that jump up really high then fall back down will almost never see their old highs. unless they were a very simple slow acting stock.

Well if you're right you should go out and buy tons of stock since you'll make tons of money off it.

They're stocks, you don't move them around every other day if you want to see gains.

...and you don't go buying stocks that are seeing a huge high, because by the time they're seeing these huge highs, their prices are already inflated and the allure is already gone. Thats like jumping on a hooker bandwagon - its already been ridden to death.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

They're stocks, you don't move them around every other day if you want to see gains.

...and you don't go buying stocks that are seeing a huge high, because by the time they're seeing these huge highs, their prices are already inflated and the allure is already gone. Thats like jumping on a hooker bandwagon - its already been ridden to death.

:werd:
They will go back up over time. When I look at stocks I try to get something with a decent dividend, that way they will pay something back to me if they go down, even if it isn't much. A high dividend, to me at least, tells me that they still have cash to stay around for a little while.

ING direct will give you better returns on a cash savings account with no terms, always liquid

Back