So long Mr. Rex, EK here we go

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah i need to get some things done before i can go out and track again. minor issues to fix and i need to get it painted before i do anything else.

edit wtf i hit edit my other post oh well.

yeah ill need to upgrade the suspension also before hitting it hard.
so i received the fuse box.
i installed it put on the dizzy
removed the radio fuse from the inside and it blew the fuse as soon a i put on the + terminal. and it would not start.

so in the morning ill send out the dizzy for sure

ok

i sent in the distributor and they email me that they are "shipping my item".

i dont know if its new or not. ill email them

any way..

ill keep you guys posted
:(

i got the new dizzy in
AND IT RUNS.... WootwOOT..

its leaking tranny fluid and cooland but it idles an runs.....stil throwing code 20

tomorrow it should get exhaust!!!!

coolant leak fixed.

tranny leak i think is fixed,we'll seen in the morning.

it runs but it bogs at low rpm. i think its the crank pulley i put on it. it looked soo much bigger than the one i had on before.

would a bigger crank pulley make a car bog?

oem b16 pulley will be on tomorrow along with new belts.

SWEET!

i went to road runner muffler shop
& did the following
removed old turbo 2 muffler [i think back fires blew the seems a little]

installed 2.1/4" 24"long straight through resonator [type thats riffled like a gun barrel]

minimally crushed the 2.1/2" piping to a 2.1/2" magnaflow oval muffler.

its a little loud but NO BUZZING! and hardly a droan.

the cam timing is off.
SOoo
what should it be set at since the block was decked [.005 est] and the head milled [.005 est]and i have OEM pr4 pistons [81.5] with a b16 head [valve clearance issue]

BUT IT RUNS!!!!!

Tell me what the outside diameter of the cam pulley is and I can convert the .005 (inches?) into a degree for you. May not be exact, as a dyno tuning would be more appropriate, but it should get you close.

nah thats ok, thanks. i thik it's off a tooth any way.

it will go on dyno for a fuel economy DD tune with 87 octane.

i wonder if i could get away with 87 now.
it has around 9.8:1 - 10.4:1 CR

it was a tooth off because of the damn crank pulley [thanks abel]

fixed that, put teflon tape around bung fitting on oil pan the so oil pan leak is gone.

tanny was leaking a little through case on bottom so i put honda bond on it until i can take it out and fix. [seems to hold]

but now the damn oil pressure sensor is leaking so i have to remove the old one and replace with the one from sohc.

the ac is working but the bracket i was sold on here only lets the compressor bolt up with the front 2 bolts.

while i am driving when i hit the gas i can hear a light yet noticeable rubbing/scraping [ like if the gears were straight cut] sound from the passenger side floor board. its from the tranny or something, but nothing is in its way or the axle.

so i raced a 2003 TL type s with cai, exh. started catching up on top of 4th.

the spark plugs look a little white.
after driving for a while it gets hard to put in gear and tranny makes a slight buzzing sound. [it's topped off]

also CFT is charging a flat fee of $395 for tuning as long as it takes to get right...

no comments?????

so i raced a 2003 TL type s with cai, exh. started catching up on top of 4th.

the spark plugs look a little white.
after driving for a while it gets hard to put in gear and tranny makes a slight buzzing sound. [it's topped off]

also CFT is charging a flat fee of $395 for tuning as long as it takes to get right...

no comments?????

$395? wow no shit....good deal.....
I wonder if cft is going to ATCO raceway this weekend.

what are you tuning with?

i know my usb adapter and card reader were stolen from work so icant post more pics for now...

yup $395 next week it will be on dyno!!!

well today i got a 14" 2.5"round magnaflow installed in addition to the rest of the exhaust.

now it sounds perfect and i have the perfect back pressure i need for my mild build.

i was listening to the "detonation" and it sounds like its the TB and valve tick.

i'm getting the valves adjusted on tuesday and the tb cleaned today.

it sounds so good, i cant get over it. like a g35 but a little quieter.

well anthony fixed the cam timing via the cam gears. no more detonating.

when i bought the xenocron p06 ecu [p28]

they sent me a p30 style chip and a p72 style chip.... does any one know why the p72 is running the car better?

[from web site]
Basemap Chips

All of our ECUs come with (2) Basemap chips unless you ordered a package deal that included the Ostrich Eprom Emulator. I include 2 basemap chips for two reasons. First, generally I modify each custom basemap using the same process but using two different versions of code (Crome). The first codebase is based on P30 code and the second on P72. Each codebase runs the car slightly differently, but the same maps and process are used to create the file. I find that various cars run differently on the two code bases. Try both chips and use which ever seems to run your car better as a base. I seriously recommend getting your car tuned as soon as possible after receiving the ECU and completely installing everything for your setup. The 2nd reason I include two chips is because there is always the odd chance that a bad burn can happen or during shipping a file on a program can become corrupt. By sending 2 chips there is a very high unlikelihood that both chips will be defective so that you have at least one good working program before taking the car to your tuner or beginning to tune yourself. If you ever need a copy of your basemaps, please email us at customerservice@xenocron.com to request your file. I organize them by the First and Last name of the order that came in so please make sure you know the name you paid for the chips with or I will not be able to get you your file. Knowing the date you paid as well as the Paypal transaction # will help me locate the files as well. Files are only kept for 90 days after being created

ls vtec equals 1.8l p30 based on 1.6 p72 based on 1.8

Back