So long Mr. Rex, EK here we go

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well the car is running great. ill be setting up a dyno as soon as i can get the cash.

videos and pics are coming up, i found my card reader.

the oil pan is leaking so ill have to unhook the entire exhaust and the remove the header with the exhaust attached because it was welded as on piece. buy a new gasket and with a grinder wheel scuff up the flange on the pan a little so the oil wont seep through. then ill put honda bond and reinstall.

any pointers?

thanks

i decided to just unhook the entire exhaust and take it off as 1 piece.

i went to the races tonight, it was great we found a road WAY out of town no one around for miles. 15-25 cars were there when i left @3am

raced a couple cars and i lost... mustang5.0 once, scion twice, and a 90 civic hb with swap once from a roll missed 2nd and i lost.

my launch control sucks, i have it set at 3.3k but as soon as i let go of the clutch it just bogs BAD.

but sometimes the launch control doesnt work. i press the clutch and it will rev all the way, but sometimes it stops at the 3.3k mark. it is real sporadic. WTF?

ohh and the bottom 2 bolts for the AC bracket fell off, i think the threads are stripped in the block.

Fun fun dude. How'd the visit from Abel go last week? I talked to him on the phone as he was driving to your house.

It's always good to see friendly faces...

we had dinner the first night. and lunch the day they left. when i get the lsv tuned i''m going up there to visit him and you.

so my clutch slave cylinder took a dump.

the reason behind it is that when i put it on the cable tranny lever i did not disconnect it and it had pressure and busted.

17 bucks at the store...

i also have a fucking oil leak, i thinkits from the oil pump but the whole lca, axle and inner wheel tub are wet from oil.

WTF! im sure theT for the vtec lines are sealed and not leaking.

what could it be?
where should i look?
do i need to remove the crank puley and covers to get a better look?

c'mon guys help me out. i cant take picture because i left my reader at wrk...

ohh yeah

i cleaned the entire area with parts cleaner. and its just seping though the oil pan but more from the oil pump area...

i wonder if i'm loosing oil psi?

If it's leaking from your oil pan you shouldn't be losing any pressure - there isn't any oil pressure in the pan in the first place.

thanks will, but would a leaking oil pan get the whole area wet?

the new mngr at auto zone knows me from hight school, he hooked me up the the slave cylinder.... free 99.

instaled it
and now the tranny is not grinding that bad

but when i press the cluch i dont hear the tranny, when i let go the tranny makes a sight grinding noise. when not in gear and idleling.

what could it be..?

also the new ac bracket i bought was from the b16 delsol. it acomedaded the sohc compressor perfectly.

the 99-00 si doesnt work
neither does the integras

thanks will, but would a leaking oil pan get the whole area wet?
Absolutely.

but when i press the cluch i dont hear the tranny, when i let go the tranny makes a sight grinding noise. when not in gear and idleling.

depending on the magnitude of the noise, it could be normal. When the clutch is engaged (not pressed in) and the transmission is in neutral, the input shaft is still spinning (because the clutch being engaged connects it to the crankshaft). It's normal for there to be a small bit of noise just because of the internal components spinning.

Now, if there's a LOT of noise, it could be a number of things, such as a mis-installed clutch or a bad input shaft bearing.

its a slight spinning noise.

next weekend ill change the oil pan gasket. but i have to remove the entire exhaust as 1 pc.... it should take all day.

in my 30mile trip to work ill loose 1/2 a qt...is that a lot?

its a slight spinning noise.

next weekend ill change the oil pan gasket. but i have to remove the entire exhaust as 1 pc.... it should take all day.

in my 30mile trip to work ill loose 1/2 a qt...is that a lot?

If its only slight, you should be alright. I notice this on my civic too.

got a new base map chip in today from xenocron [great customer service] they took off the code 20 "eld" and now i have no cel. i did tell them to take off the launch control but he just moved it up to 3.78k and it doesnt bog of the line any more.

however

i noticed that the car has a back and forth feel when at a lower steady rpm/mph, slight but its there.

what could it be?
i'm rechecking the timing tonight with a light.

also, does any one know what would happen if i cross threaded the front ac mount bolts[14mm] on the platform not the block?

The bolts would probably back out. Helicoil it or get another bracket.

If you ever throw slicks on it, you're gonna need a LOT higher rev limit than 3800. Just do what I do - preload and launch off the rev limiter :D

mmmmm full throttle launch on slicks.... sick

any way... xenocron fucked up the chip, it was detonating like a mofo. so i put the original chip on and no more detonating.

i need to get it street tuned but i dont know anyone.

will, the bolt are not on the bracket they go on the chassis.

is this what you mean
img_heli_main.jpg

Instead of heli-coils, I would drill and tap the hole for the next size larger bolt.

On a side note, this thread has gone on quite long enough without pics.
so...
TTIWWOP

ok ok

pics tonight & maybe a vid...

so i have this delema...

the oil pan is leaking as you all know and i need to take off the exhaust.

anthony tells me to buy a new header like this one from ebay [280141684905], and this flange [300140545844]. but it will cost me almost $200..
i was thinking of just getting a 2.5" vband kit like this one [180147520681] for 60 bucks.

but i dont know if i should get mild steel or stainless steel.

do these vbands work good?
do they seal right?
does it matter if its close to the flex pipe?

Back