so much good news on capital hill

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
WASHINGTON - A former top aide to Vice President Dick Cheney told a federal grand jury that his superiors authorized him to give secret information to reporters as part of the Bush administration's defense of intelligence used to justify invading Iraq, according to court papers.

WASHINGTON - The earliest official report of a New Orleans levee breach came at 8:30 a.m., hours after Hurricane Katrina roared ashore. Word of the possible breach surfaced at the White House less than three hours later, at 11:13 a.m.

In all, 28 federal, state and local agencies reported levee failures on Aug. 29, according to a timeline of e-mails, situation updates and weather reports — a litany at odds with the Bush administration's contention that it didn't know the extent of the problem until much later. At the time, President Bush said, "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees."

i'm just hoping the house of cards will tumble soon...

bush is running this country just like all of his failed business ventures...

Cheeeeney's aid said that his superiors (Cheney) gave the OK to release the info, exactly as was expected.

And everybody knows that the white house completely botched everything relating to Katrina. It's common knowledge at this point.

No, Bush didn't send anyone there after the storm because he's not on storm duty. My town, your town, every town has a safety plan - And Mayor Wonka stood at the podium and announced his plans for safety during the storm. Kathleen Blanco announced her plans after words. Neither of those bucket heads were right, prepared, or even telling the truth. Their "plan" was to wait for the feds to come in and rescue their asses. Which would be fine if that was what they stated at their podiums. Mayor Wonka could have said "People, there is a storm comin'. Our city is below sea level and chances are we are goin down. Mr Bush if you can hear this: SEND HELP". But no. they had an evacuation route and then they had a superdome to stay at. Which would be fine if they weren't a bunch of murderous raping Haitians in the first place.

Don't be one of those people that motherfucks Bush because the state level and chocolate factory level plans failed. It was Nagin's fault the poor didn't get out, it was Blanco's fault the emergency workers didn't get in, and it was the Haitian's fault for every goddam thing else - I've always said that.

Hey, I never said that Nagin and Blanco weren't just as guilty of being incompetent about the entire thing. They're just as much at fault as Washington.

Face it Steve, at this point Bush and Cheney (especially cheney) have proven to be completely crooked. I'm not saying "fuck bush" because it's popular, I'm saying "fuck bush" because it's easier to swallow than "we're fucking doomed."

Quoted post[/post]]
No, Bush didn't send anyone there after the storm because he's not on storm duty. My town, your town, every town has a safety plan - And Mayor Wonka stood at the podium and announced his plans for safety during the storm. Kathleen Blanco announced her plans after words. Neither of those bucket heads were right, prepared, or even telling the truth. Their "plan" was to wait for the feds to come in and rescue their asses. Which would be fine if that was what they stated at their podiums. Mayor Wonka could have said "People, there is a storm comin'. Our city is below sea level and chances are we are goin down. Mr Bush if you can hear this: SEND HELP". But no. they had an evacuation route and then they had a superdome to stay at. Which would be fine if they weren't a bunch of murderous raping Haitians in the first place.

Don't be one of those people that motherfucks Bush because the state level and chocolate factory level plans failed. It was Nagin's fault the poor didn't get out, it was Blanco's fault the emergency workers didn't get in, and it was the Haitian's fault for every goddam thing else - I've always said that.

I'm beginning to think you truly beleve he is the second coming of Christ.

I don't hate Bush anymore...I hate everyone else involved. Bush really is just along for the ride. The information he gets fed is so completely skewed that he doesn't even have the chance to make a real decision. The way information is transfered in this country needs to change, because its all becoming a whole lot of bullshit real fast. I don't even bother with the news anymore because I know I can't get a straight answer from anyone. I hate Fox, because they're a bunch of conservative douches, but at the same time I hate the "liberal media" for fighting back using the same tactics. Truth is NOT an absolute in this world because unless you're there to see whats happening, and know all the background, you can't even start to make a resonable call on what is really going on.

Quoted post[/post]]

He has a good point, you haven't heard either the governor or the mayor accept any fault for this. They could have done allot more with the power they had at the local and state levels and then maybe they wouldn't have needed so much damn help. Was the federal government not prepared to deal with hurricane katrina? more like the federal government was ill prepared to deal with the abosulte lack of ability demonstraited by the state of Lousiana....

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

He has a good point, you haven't heard either the governor or the mayor accept any fault for this. They could have done allot more with the power they had at the local and state levels and then maybe they wouldn't have needed so much damn help. Was the federal government not prepared to deal with hurricane katrina? more like the federal government was ill prepared to deal with the abosulte lack of ability demonstraited by the state of Lousiana....
I'll drink to that

Back