So much WANT!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

this little grom has me thinking more about a little city commuter bike/scooter. Are there any other similar small bikes or scooter that have manual transmissions? I want to compare whats out there. I am 6'1" and have a bad lower back, so im not real keen on uncomfortable leaned-over seating positions.

Look at the new CRF250L. Great little street legal dual sport. All the jap brands have had something like this for several years. God if I lived in Florida I could justify several bikes. Are there curvey roads there?

Fair enough. Wow I didn't know there was a choke till just searching on Wrist Twisters. I've started that thing on sub 40 degree mornings and never needed it:confused: Throughout the day I swapped bikes with a Speed Triple and a Street Triple owner. I didn't notice much stink when following my bike.

FYI - Street triple leaves you wanting for more punch. The Speed Triple is amazing. That will be my next bike. It's like a 919 on steroids and with a little personality.

You'll notice it more so standing still, it will smell up your jacket and other riding gear.

The thought is the exhaust comes out and gets pulled back into the rider, so riding behind it you wont notice it much.

Speed triple is a wonderful bike, however, its on a different level than the 919.
Speed triple should be put up VS the Z1000, FZ1, CB1000R, the 919 is old and out dated. That's why you can get them in the 2-3K range =)

919 is a GREAT do everything bike that is super easy to work on and will pretty much never die.

You are right. This guy paid 3x for his Triple than I paid for the 919. Didn't feel like 3x the speed or 3x the handling. Definitely 3x the sound though. I do notice my jacket smells like exhaust. I've always assumed it's a typical thing for almost any bike.

Drove up to the Cleveland Cyclewerks plant today. They weren't 'open' yet, but the dude showed us around. Information and pics of swag to follow after work.

Okay, so I've got no pics of swag because I'm tired and lazy and it's in my car 2.5 floors down. But. We drove up today. Exit into a kinda ghetto area of Cleveland. It's not bad, but there are a lot of fences and barred doors and windows. Drive further up and you come into a little old downtown style borough. Cafes, street art, shit like that. Fancy. 2 blocks south of the lake on 65th street is a bombed out building which only carries an old stone etching of "CLEVELAND MOTORCYCLES".

Red brick early 20th century manufacturing style building. One red gate appears to be the only entrance to the building save for a fire exit here and there. We arrived while no one was there, and the gate was locked, came back about 30 minutes later at 10 o'clock and the gate was open, and there was a misfit sitting in what appears to be an otherwise totally enclosed shipping port. The first man door explains how to get into the building. The door opposite the corner this door is on, up the outdoor stairs. Go through that door, and there is a roped off upstairs, and a roped off doorway to the rest of the building. You're standing on a concrete medium which appears to connect two parts of the buildings, the rest of which seems to have old style wooden floors. It's old and currently not in use. Down a short flight of stairs. Across a walkway which leads to a few steps up and a door, or a roped off downstairs area. Walk through the door and you've made it. There's a showcase on your left, and 2 customized bikes to your right. One misfit, and one heist. We were greeted by a guy who seemed surprised at our presence.

Apparently their location isn't open to the public for another couple weeks. We offered to leave, and he insist that we look around, since we've got an interest in the bikes, and the company. The bikes to the right were what he referred to as "Land Speed Bikes" I'm still unsure of the meaning of that, but I'm assuming they're shooting for a land speed record in the 250 engine class with these bikes? But we discussed their company. How the bikes are manufactured, who designed them, etc. They are Chinese made bikes, with certain American made components. Things they've created and designed themselves. All their bikes use a chinese replica of a Honda motor developed for booming asian societies such as Korea and Vietnam where motorbike is the main method of travel.

He explained that they had some trouble clearing their engines with the EPA because the lab they sent them to kept blowing them up by not allowing proper wind cooling. Comparable to the speed they would be at when under the relative load. Discussed the models. Tha Heist is my favorite. Rigid frame, bobber style. They've also got tha Misfit, which is cafe racer style, tha Ace which is old school jap bike style, and the Hooligun. Which is the only one offering a bigger motor, 450cc, and comes with either dirt tires or street tires. They have plans in the works for a sport bike using tha Hooligun's chassis, but using a larger American made V-twin from a local company (delcron?) We discussed some more and mentioned we were about an hour and a half away. (My friend mentioned our county, my friend is bad at thinking of ways to explain things without confusing them) After I explained that we're south of Youngstown, he says he got a dog from our county shelter, and he frequently rides down to Salem (where I live) and we explain, well, that's where I live. Anyway after about a half hour-45 minutes of bullshitting, we set off on our way and he directed us to take stickers and posters as we please on our way out. Really nice guy. This is John, of CCW. I'm interested in meeting the rest of the guys.

Apparently it's a group of 6 people. John, A designer, a couple mechanics, a book keeper, and a Chinese relation for the cheap labor in assembling the bikes, though the company does have employees in labor and assembling. Overall a great experience. I'm very glad we got to talk to him, because this is inspiring to me, and at the same time discouraging. This is my dream. I love old buildings (seriously, ask my girlfriend. I love non-conventional houses made of old factories or barns and shit), especially when mixed with new industry, and local renaissance as well as reshaping the motorcycling community for a much needed no bullshit experience.

It's been a dream to produce small numbers vehicles, similar to suckerpunch sallies, or anything like that, only using cafe racers and bobbers instead of choppers. And reasonable engines instead of primarily 250's. It's a shame I know I'd have to compete with these guys. And I don't know that I could ever get this cow kite off the ground. I am curious as to whether or not they're offering stock options, because I would be interested in investing in the company, because I feel like they're making small waves at the moment, but are soon about to explode onto the scene. I'm not if I should beat them or try to join them. Or just watch.

Last edited:
images

0246.wall-of-text.png_2D00_610x0.png

tear%20down.jpg

I was hoping for pics...

I too have a fascination with old buildings. Well, old anything. I hate most new stuff. I was clearly born in the wrong generation.

Back