so, the cable guy came :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
so this guy in his mid 20's rolls in to hook up my cable and internet tonight.

i bought the $10 basic plan and $55 8mbs D/768 up cable internet. my place was already hooked up for "standard cable" basically everything but premium channels. he said, i'm not going to bother taking it off... but you didn't hear that from me :)

woohoo :) so i got a $46 a month plan for 10 bucks... for, well, ever :) :) :) :) :)

Welcome to BBR! Run more tests! see forums
2005-12-06 18:54:00 EST: 4025 / 682
Your download speed : 4025 kbps or 503.2 KB/sec.
Your upload speed : 682 kbps or 85.3 KB/sec.

not bad for peak hours. lol

Quoted post[/post]]

i bought the $10 basic plan and $55 8mbs D/768 up cable internet. my place was already hooked up for "standard cable" basically everything but premium channels. he said, i'm not going to bother taking it off... but you didn't hear that from me :)

woohoo :) so i got a $46 a month plan for 10 bucks... for, well, ever :) :) :) :) :)
Got the exact same thing pretty much. Wanted basic cable, 20 channels, for $17/ month plus $35/month for 3mbps cable. Got the 70 some channel hookup, too =)

My monthly bill is $47 after taxes and my friends get the same thing for $90/month.

Quoted post[/post]]

the way this thread started off really made me wonder.

Cable guy, mid 20s - I'm thinking he was expecting some other form of 'compensation'. :laugh:

bah, i forgot to type the most important part of the thread...

first thing he said to me as i answer the door...

"is that a real sti?" lol

Eh... Not too shabby.

I pay $83.70 a month for Road Runner and basic Digital/HD package, no movie channels, tho. My cousin across the street gets netflix, so I just borrow movies from him. :)

i didnt get digital cable.... just extended basic or whtever it is.. usa/tbs/ history, tlc, etc etc...

i can't see spending 120 bucks a month on it... not right now at least. i dunno... i really don't watch that much tv.

Quoted post[/post]]
i didnt get digital cable.... just extended basic or whtever it is.. usa/tbs/ history, tlc, etc etc...

i can't see spending 120 bucks a month on it... not right now at least. i dunno... i really don't watch that much tv.

you can download pretty much any thing you could want to watch any ways.... hook up the video card to the tv and you got a nice big picture ! :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]

Man I've got quite the similar experience, I don't wanna jinx myself but this is what happened to me.
I had expanded basic and the same broadband connection as you. I call and say I want to only get basic cable for $13 a month, set everthing up a guy was supposed to come out to the pole or something, and well I now only pay $13 for basic cable but I get expanded basic for free now. neat trick.

When I had my 2nd apt I was getting the cable internet set up and I thought I was being smart by not getting cable since one fo my friends had done it and got all the basic channels for free. The cable guy who came in I had just sold a stereo to when I worked at circuit shitty, I gave the guy a real good deal. I thought that he would have hooked me up by not putting the filter on blocking half of the channels, but he didnt.

damn, thats a good deal B

i was hoping for the same ish but i only got the basic basic....

I pay 100bucks/month for digital cable. :cry:

900 channels of garbage. Can't wait for next season Soprano's to start though. Then I can justify my monthly exspenditure.

haha.

Back