so the world is about to end... anyone stil mad we never found Hoffa?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I call bullshit. Its film makers, and $$. What the hell difference does it make that we tested dna? All they could have done is tested it and said "yup, this set of bones nailed that set of bones and made this other set of bones"

Its not like we can hit jesus up for a dna sample to compare it to. Unless one set of bones had no male donor.. that would shake some shit up.

Besides all that, Jesus's burial wrappings are in some church somewhere, and his remains have been discovered 18 times.

Apparently Cameron is all excited. Israeli government says "We find tombs all the time with occupants "Jesus" "Mary" and "Joseph". No one is excited there.

supposedly, all the names are rather common for the time... much like john, michelle, jason, etc of today.

But even still, what are the odds, that there were what, 5 or 6 of the common names that just so happened to match? the odds are against it, but it can't be set to false just yet.

supposedly, they found those boxes in 1980 or some shit, and are just now diving into it further.

IMO, i hope they DO prove the existence.

because as of right now, i have no proof that jesus ever really existed.

the bible doesn't count. its just stories... and could have been written about anyone. proof, like leonardo's painitings, or some writing that jesus of nazareth himself wrote. then, maybe i'll beleive.

the bible doesn't count. its just stories... and could have been written about anyone. proof, like leonardo's painitings, or some writing that jesus of nazareth himself wrote. then, maybe i'll beleive.

It wouldn't matter if someone did prove it to you.
You obviously have no faith in him, so believing that he existed isn't gonna do shit for you.

Last edited:
the coincidence is that it's dated back to 2000 years ago and while the names are common the collection of those particular names together, in that time frame, in that location can't be overlooked.

They said that there was a body in a casket labeled "Jesus son of Joseph", if there is evidence of Crucifixion on the remains I don't think anybody can write it off categorically without considering the evidence.

Guess we'll find out Sunday

And what do you expect Israel's reaction to be, they are a Jewish State haha

Perhaps a scar on the rib bone where he was stabbed, or scrape marks on his hands and feet... In any case, its entirely possible to nail someone to a cross with no bone damage at all.

This is assuming the corpse is bones, and not dust with a bone fragment here and there.

Besides all of that, there were 10 coffins, only 5 of which had names. who the hell were the other 5? Did they leave george and lucy out of it to keep the story credible?

Jesus, a pair o marys, joseph, john, henry, george, 2 lucys and a billybob.

Archaelogists say he's wrong. Christians say he's wrong. An incredible amount of atheist forensic anthropologists' say he's wrong.

Do you think this director is going to be right?

klyph notes:

James Cameron claims to have invalidated the salvation of all Christians.
Now go watch his show so he can be rich.

It's funny that I had an Intro to Bible Study class tonight.

According to my prof, who has a doctorate in religion, the thing they found are know as "bone boxes". Basically the bodies are left in a tomb to rot until nothing but bones are left. Then the bones are put in this "box" and placed in another location. It was a common practice for the time, but only the "upper class" could afford this type of burial. Jesus' father was a carpenter. The lower working class for that time. Even though Jesus was a "quote, unquote" prophet, being such a prophet was an "unpaid profession" as my professor put it. Joe and Mary were poor, so was Jesus (another carpenter). It is not probable that it is actually Jesus. Although I guess it is "possible".

Now, if you're on the fence, you're already on the wrong side according to most. I have my faith, I have my beliefs. Although it's not classified as any one of the religions I've studied. They found Noah's Ark, the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Shroud... this stuff is supposed to be found at a monumental time. Look at the way of the world today...

Just like the country song says:

We take His name out of schools.
The lawyers say it breaks the rules.
Pledge of allegiance can't be writ,
An' under God, should not be said.
I wonder how He will take.
I just pray it's not too late.

What if God quit tryin',
He just turned away?
There were teardrops on his face?
Tell me, how would you feel?
You'd probably give up too,