so today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Civic<240sx<WRX<M3....

get the order right.... Supra's don't fit into the equation because nobody can afford them...

I think the Supra is a great car when it ended, but in terms of performance it was too much of a fat pig - just like the WRX - to have great handling from the factory.

I would love a nice mint 3rd generation tt supra for a daily driver. I would probably pick it over the same year M3.

No doubt about it, the WRX is a powerful contender - but it's not the Alpha and Omega of performance that everyone thinks it is. I did well with the WRX on autocross last time, I think it performed well and isn't shabby. But I kicked serious cone's ass's with the Supra.

And since leaving the Supra I stopped placing high at events.

fixed it for ya.^_^

I don't remember a single run you had...that you missed all the cones...in any car.... ^_^ If my other computer was fixed, then I'd review all the vid I have...there might be one or two runs on there with a clean run....

Ohhh...and BTW...I renew'ed my membership with CartCT today...so expect a little CRX to take out a certain Mirage April 1st... And also Noah's STI is going down...along with B's M3....and anything Steve brings.... :)

It's time this old fart got behind the wheel again....hehe :)

Last edited:
I did plenty of clean runs. Get the CART and FCSCC records.

I did plenty where I hit shit too.

At least I can drift :)

" The Shift knob fell off...WTF do I do?!?!?!?!?! "

Dude, I tossed that shift knob in the trunk, and your WIFE reached back, fished around for it, then HANDED IT TO ME during the run

I laugh everytime I remember that

shit, i gotta send in my renewal too... i forgot about that.

but see, this is an unfair comparison if you're going by used prices or what CAN be done.

You picked the lowest model, cheapest mirage thats 2years older than the oldest WRX. You can pick up a regular impreza brand new around $16k which isn't too far off the mark.

Put your extensively modded mirage against an extensively modded WRX. Professional driver. Now you have your answer.

Autocross isn't that concerned with how much power you're putting down but rather the handling. As soon as the WRX gets swaybars, endlinks, and an anti-lift kit its an entirely new car - through other handling goodies that I'm sure you have in their like drivetrain bushings, springs, struts, strut bars, etc. and the car can compete.

The WRX was made to be a nice daily driver and as a result is too much of a fat pig, just like the Evo is - except mitsu made the Evo less complaint the regular WRX and even the STi so it is more handling driven from the factory.

For the record, a modified widebody STi just took its class and I think an open class in one of the national autocross meets. You don't usually see mirages or other cars doing that.

Consistently the STi is on top of its game, but thats an entirely different animal than my WRX.

mirages dont have the power to run an open class, but remember you can make a 93-96 mirage awd/turbo for ~3K and a 97-02 awd/turbo for ~6K. there are a dozen or so of each across the country winning at all sorts of driving disciplines.

im sure i can outhandle a wrx with suspension - but remember im not going to pay $2000 for sways/struts/etc. since i can pilfer parts from 10 years of mirage/lancer/evo history - and EGs/DCs :)

i have shocks/springs/bushes/motor mounts/camber plates/sway bar/tires. add in seats and now a harness... woohoo! i'm going to make some sort of airpan and lighten the car more. last i weighed it with spare tire and me it was ~2200lbs.

no lsd. :( the black car had one though.

Ohhh...and BTW...I renew'ed my membership with CartCT today...so expect a little CRX to take out a certain Mirage April 1st... And also Noah's STI is going down...along with B's M3....and anything Steve brings.... :)

It's time this old fart got behind the wheel again....hehe :)

good luck :) remember by the first event i will have added a good deal of power, and the car will be tuned to utilize it.

shit, i gotta send in my renewal too... i forgot about that.

I actually had to email to see if I was still able to be a member...last year I didn't make a single event...and the new by-laws state that you must attend 2 events or a meeting to be in good standing membership....or else go thru the sponsorship and be voted back to a member bullcrap... 1 day left to renew...just thought I'd mention that...

I hope the new location is better than Bristol's hemmoroid buster...

it was rumored last year, confirmed this year...and I guess somebody bought out Firestone or their land...and didn't want them there anymore...I could be wrong...but I read somewhere that they were changing to a different location.

Back