So what would be a reasonable offer for this car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah if i was into that car and i knew i lived in a state that wouldn't have a panic attack over the title, i'd pay up to about 6k for it. looks like a tight little ride.

ps don't try bringing anything into MN that has a salvaged or rebuilt title, they flip the hell out. i had to sell a vehicle once because of it (jerks).

That's what I thought, I'm very interested in it. I'd have to get my parents to finance me though. They probably would, my Dad only had me get a Civic DX so I could learn how to drive a stick, and he doesn't really want me to put any money into it so I'm looking for a newer car.

I'd agree with the previous posts for around 6-7k.. just make sure you take a very close look under the car, under the hood/trunk and the frame front & rear to see if anything looks out of place or bent. There are a lot of scammers on craigslist that try to cover up damage from accidents and hide stuff like that so be careful. If everything checks out ok it looks like a really nice car.

I talked to he guy, he said he had it dynoed and it put down 253 wheel hp. That's more power than I'm looking for at the moment. He said it only got about 25 mpg, I can't afford to drive a car that only gets 25 mpg. Ah well maybe when I'm older I'll be able to afford a nice fast car. *sigh*

My Prelude gets 25 MPG and it's stock.. I would say that's pretty damn good considering it has a turbo and all that power.

I didn't say it wasn't good gas mileage given the circumstances, I was just saying that I can't afford to drive a car that gets 25mpg. I drive a round trip of 60 miles to school everyday, that would get seriously expensive. My Civic DX gets about 40 Mpg so it would be a huge change.

I talked to he guy, he said he had it dynoed and it put down 253 wheel hp. That's more power than I'm looking for at the moment. He said it only got about 25 mpg, I can't afford to drive a car that only gets 25 mpg. Ah well maybe when I'm older I'll be able to afford a nice fast car. *sigh*

am i wrong or could you get this car tuned for a better fuel efficiency? i wouldn't scrap the idea entirely until you checked; there are a few things you can do to boost your mpg that will affect the whp, but that doesn't sound like a bad thing for you at the moment...just thoughts...:mellow:

You could probably increase the fuel mileage.. especially if you keep your foot out of it most of the time. Besides that the gas mileage difference would only be around 60 bucks a month tops between the two. I'm not trying to talk down to you bro, just saying it's not that big of a difference cost wise and anytime you buy a highly modified car like that you have to figure the fuel economy will suffer. Don't take anything I said personally.. if it's not going to work for you then it is your call.

:confused:
I didn't say it wasn't good gas mileage given the circumstances, I was just saying that I can't afford to drive a car that gets 25mpg. I drive a round trip of 60 miles to school everyday, that would get seriously expensive. My Civic DX gets about 40 Mpg so it would be a huge change.

I guess just keep your eye out for a used honda insight.

Back